• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Even worst than I thought. You were in Massachusetts. :nono:

Mamie went to school in Maine. Every so often we make our way down east to visit her former room mates. Our usual routine is to stop by one of the lobster pounds along the coast. The usual between the two of us is four 1-3/4 lb lobster with drawn butter, a bag of steamers and a basket of fried clams with belly. Just simply amazing. Can't get any simpler or fresher. Probably the some of the best I have ever had. Inexpensive too.

We tend to do lobster roll between meals as snacks. Yes, we are fat and happy.

Really sorry you had a bad experience at a tourist spot. I hope you get another chance to head down east for a real lobster experience. :beercheer:

Last edited:
TS
Alba Adventures

Alba Adventures

Getting on the lift
Skier
I am not sure how to do the quote thing but Lorenzzo I went to the east coast for the first time, 56, and one thing I wanted to do was have a Lobster roll and I did,,,,,,what a letdown,HORRIBLE, nothing but butter and not a great smell, the only way to finish it was with a mouth full,of chips.The thought of Lobster now makes me ill, such a bummer!

Oh man, so sorry to read this. I assure you that a good lobster roll is delightful and feel bad that you had this experience. If you ever need a recommendation, let us know and we will MORE than happy to tell you where to go (well we know Maine the best).

Funny thing - we are not sure if you know of Casey's Caboose on the Killington Resort access road, though if you are ever there - that place actually makes an INCREDIBLE lobster roll.. Hands down in the top 5 we ever had.

TS
Alba Adventures

Alba Adventures

Getting on the lift
Skier
String cheese

I think you win this with the kids to an extent though, mini snickers is still up there with them ;). Though Sadie, our friends daughter in the last snack has some sophisticated adult tastebuds (video is above in this thread).

TS
Alba Adventures

Alba Adventures

Getting on the lift
Skier
Even worst that I thought. You were in Massachusetts. :nono:

Mamie went to school in Maine. Every so often we make our way down east to visit her former room mates. Our usual routine is to stop by one of the lobster pounds along the coast. The usual between the two of us is four 1-3/4 lb lobster with drawn butter, a bag of steamers and a basket of fried clams with belly. Just simply amazing. Can't get any simpler or fresher. Probably the some of the best I have ever had. Inexpensive too.

We tend to do lobster roll between meals as snacks. Yes, we are fat and happy.

Really sorry you had a bad experience at a tourist spot. I hope you get another chance to head down east for a real lobster experience. :beercheer:

LOBSTER in Maine is the best. Ever been to Five Islands in Georgetown?

TS
Alba Adventures

Alba Adventures

Getting on the lift
Skier
It was the tourist area in Boston by the Cheers place suuuuuuch a bummer, I was so excited!

Oh ... I think I know the place you are talking about too. We live in NYC and will be in Boston the weekend after next for the ski expo. For sure we will be sure to pass on that place.

karlo

Out on the slopes
Inactive
My son's favorite chairlift snack is yogurt.

InstagramCapture_f822079b-750f-4850-9ecd-ebe78b8eef27.jpg

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I am not sure how to do the quote thing but Lorenzzo I went to the east coast for the first time, 56, and one thing I wanted to do was have a Lobster roll and I did,,,,,,what a letdown,HORRIBLE, nothing but butter and not a great smell, the only way to finish it was with a mouth full,of chips.The thought of Lobster now makes me ill, such a bummer!
That's beyond tragic. If it was near a tourist trap (Cheers) well that may have been your sign.

Bad seafood can turn you off for a while. Yelp is your friend...so ahn't the townees...you can turn this around. I have to believe lobster redemption is possible. I have to..

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
LOBSTER in Maine is the best. Ever been to Five Islands in Georgetown?

No, can't say that I have.
We usually stop at Brunswick and Camden to see her room mates. In between and after we usually like to wander around a bit. Acadia is another place we like, but only during off seasons.

TS
Alba Adventures

Alba Adventures

Getting on the lift
Skier
No, can't say that I have.
We usually stop at Brunswick and Camden to see her room mates. In between and after we usually like to wander around a bit. Acadia is another place we like, but only during off seasons.

Well if you are in Brunswick area, you are very very close. You feel like you are further up the Maine Coast there. Been going there for years..

TS
Alba Adventures

Alba Adventures

Getting on the lift
Skier
So Nevada happened to have a Chairlift Snack Interview with a young man name Zac last week. A week after - we learned that he was attempting to break the world record on the most vertical lift access skied. He already has 1 million feet before the Christmas (it looks) 4 more to go.

The article on Zac.
https://www.conwaydailysun.com/news...zgeygq28rWOFexWRTzgYObw7l8aZh-yNjVT8igpuQlVsY

We hope you enjoy this latest snack....

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I like to eat left over beef teriyaki in the lift line and make everyone else jealous.

In Boston you can't go wrong at Legal Sea Food or Summer Shack for lobster, chowder, fish, rawbar , etc. Noname is a cool spot too. Barking Crab is touristy expensive but fun. The food at any pub can be hit or miss if the fish and chips are frozen they taste like mushy junk.

TS
Alba Adventures

Alba Adventures

Getting on the lift
Skier
H
I like to eat left over beef teriyaki in the lift line and make everyone else jealous.

In Boston you can't go wrong at Legal Sea Food or Summer Shack for lobster, chowder, fish, rawbar , etc. Noname is a cool spot too. Barking Crab is touristy expensive but fun. The food at any pub can be hit or miss if the fish and chips are frozen they taste like mushy junk.

HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH..

SSSdave

life is short precious ...don't waste it
Skier
NatureValley_CrunchyBar_PeanutButter.png.400x400_q85ss0_background-%23FFFFFF_progressive.png

https://www.influenster.com/reviews/nature-valleytm-crunchy-granola-bar-peanut-butter-51

I actually just ate one of these for the first time last Sunday. In the past had eaten various gooey snack bars from both NV and others like Cliff bars. All taste fine and are healthy small snacks, however these crunchy bars add something wonderful that I enjoyed more than all the gooey varieties. And not just this person as read reviews on the above link. Will be buying a couple boxes.

TS
Alba Adventures

Alba Adventures

Getting on the lift
Skier
NatureValley_CrunchyBar_PeanutButter.png.400x400_q85ss0_background-%23FFFFFF_progressive.png

https://www.influenster.com/reviews/nature-valleytm-crunchy-granola-bar-peanut-butter-51

I actually just ate one of these for the first time last Sunday. In the past had eaten various gooey snack bars from both NV and others like Cliff bars. All taste fine and are healthy small snacks, however these crunchy bars add something wonderful that I enjoyed more than all the gooey varieties. And not just this person as read reviews on the above link. Will be buying a couple boxes.

If they made those gluten free, we would get them!

A box came in the mail last night from my friend's company. Like a crazy amount of bars and other snacks. A real surprise that he sent this to us as we are just a couple of parents that like to ski and film while skiing. Its all organic and taste really good - if you are into it you might find Amrita Bars at a place like Whole Foods or in the bar section of some stores.

This was our favorite bar of the group and they were all tasty!

https://www.amritahealthfoods.com/c...ucts/chocolate-chip-coconut-plant-protein-bar

We have a gluten issue in our home - so, finding decent gluten free stuff is a challenge. We were pleasantly surprise.

Novaloafah

Should've paid attention to that lesson.
Skier
this brand of black licorice (Nibs otherwise)

Attachments

• panda-black-licorice-200g-14.jpg
    panda-black-licorice-200g-14.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 2

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid