• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

What is Your Favorite Beatle Album

Favorite Beatle Album

• Total voters

SShore

Resident Curmudgeon
Skier
Was listening to the Beatles channel on Sirius at lunch today and got me thinking about my favorite album. While there isn't one I don't like and some I really love, I have to say my favorite is Rubber Soul, or is it Revolver, no Rubber Soul, no Revolver.

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Tomorrow Never Knows is an extraordinary piece but as a work Sgt Peppers edges Revolver for me particularly if you count session songs like Strawberry Fields in with it.

White Album a bit too bloated with wanky stuff to go with the bangers.

Last edited:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
While I like the Beatles, I don't love them and none of the albums as a whole make me want to play side A then side B. I guess the closest would be Sgt. Peppers....Now, the Stones...Let it Bleed, that I can listen to over and over.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
The White Album. They met Bob Dylan, went to India, they were good hippies by that time.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Phil, Great choice, but Exile on Main Street and the history that goes with that album kind of made the Stone immortal. If you can find that documentary, "Exile on Main Street" watch it, an amazing story.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
I have been on a bit of a Beatles kick lately. I have to say that I don’t think there’s any album they did that I don’t like. The first one that we had in my home as a child was meet the Beatles. The only album that I owned personally by the Beatles was the White album. I remember going to my cousins house and listening to magical mystery tour over and over. First riff I learn to play on guitar was ticket to ride, or was it day tripper? May be my favorite Beatles album is rubber soul, no revolver, no rubber soul, oh hell I don’t know :doh: .

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
Side 2, Abbey Road.

Greatest rock n roll song ever? Gimme Shelter.... Chills every time.

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
While I like the Beatles, I don't love them and none of the albums as a whole make me want to play side A then side B. I guess the closest would be Sgt. Peppers....Now, the Stones...Let it Bleed, that I can listen to over and over.
Fell in love with Stones as an eleven year old listening to one side of Let it Bleed then flipping it over to the other. Chose the bad boys of rock at an early age. By high school there were those that stood in line for Springsteen tickets and those like me that stood in line for Dead tickets.

TS
SShore

SShore

Resident Curmudgeon
Skier
Side 2, Abbey Road.

Greatest rock n roll song ever? Gimme Shelter.... Chills every time.

Side two of Abbey Road may be the best SIDE of any album ever (Well, side 2 of The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars may give it a run for its money). But as an entire album, I still like Rubber Soul, no Revolver, no Rubber Soul better.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Maybe it would be easier to say which Beatle album you like least?

On second thought that might not be any easier.

Have you listened to "Love"? It came out about 10 years ago, the Bastle music that Circus Olee (Butchered that SP). I am not a bit fan of it, but it is interesting.

https://www.thebeatles.com/album/love

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
It's weird the thread didn't ask if you preferred the Stones more or asked to assess the relative merits of a Dead piece but we get into it quickly. It's interesting this is going to be a topic of conversation that dies pretty much forever once those of us of age in the late 20th century die off as music is no longer consumed in strict album format. I can't think of the last time I actually listened to an album straight through other than as background music (for which I heartily recommend Easy Star All Stars - Dub side of the moon)

BS Slarver

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Not really a Beatles album .... but ... A concert for George is one of my fav's in the Blu Ray collection. Ringo and Paul make appearances in a all star tribute to George with Clapton, Billy Preston and a slew of others. Highly recommend it !

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
Wow, that has changed over the years. At one time I would have said Abbey Road. Then The White Album was my fav for a long time but if I would have to pick today, I don't know. Rubber Soul, no Revolver. If I have to choose my all time favorite it would be Sgt. Peppers. That album changed my understanding of what rock music can be. Although it is the maturation of the process that began with Rubber Soul it still is the gateway album to what we call classic rock today.

Because Phil brought up the Stones and today is Mick's 75th and the local listener supported radio station is giving me 24 hours of the Stones I have to say my attitude toward them is the same as Phil's towards the Beatles. Where I've owned every Beatles record from Sgt. to Let It Be the only Rolling Stones I ever owned was probably everybody's least favorite and most unstone like Their Satanic Majesties Request. My favorite Stones is Beggars Banquet, no Let it Bleed, no Beggars Banquet.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Not really a Beatles album .... but ... A concert for George is one of my fav's in the Blu Ray collection. Ringo and Paul make appearances in a all star tribute to George with Clapton, Billy Preston and a slew of others. Highly recommend it !

I thought this was pretty cool at the time...

OldSchool47

Putting on skis
Pass Pulled
Workingman's Dead (1970) is the greatest Grateful Dead album. My favorite song from the album is "Uncle John's Band." UJB is a folk-rock classic better than the Byrd's excellent version of "I Am A Pilgrim" from Sweetheart Of The Rodeo (1968). I am currently seeking to become an honorary member of Uncle John's Band.

Rubber Soul, Rubber Soul, Rubber Soul.

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Tomorrow Never Knows is an extraordinary piece but as a work Sgt Peppers edges Revolver for me particularly if you count session songs like Strawberry Fields in with it.

White Album a bit too bloated with wanky stuff to go with the bangers.

I used to get CDs of albums from my local libraries until they phased out CDs about 5 or 10 years ago. I would sometimes get Beatles albums and I can remember painting the interior of my house to the song Tomorrow Never Knows. I thought some grunge or metal band could redo it and make a fantastic cover. It's a very unusual song with Indian influences and maybe the first pop song that attempted to dispense with chord changes altogether.

My favorite Beatle album is a tie between Abby Road and The White Album, but those middle albums like Revolver and Rubber Soul are very good. Sgt Peppers is good too, and... :)

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Wonder what a live album from the boys from Liverpool would have been like? Have heard some live BBC Vaults stuff, but never anything that was really produced.

Oh well, we will never know.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January