• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Scrundy

I like beer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Stormrider 88s go everywhere, I waist up or down depending on what I expect. I always bring 2 pair as I’ve been fooled but not often. This ski dose well in most eastern conditions. But is much better skiing pleasure to have options.... especially if I can ski the 95s over the 88s because there has been a dump. As opposed to skiing the AX over the 88s because I’ll be skiing hard pack all night.

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
In the summer it is a barefoot wetsuit, handle and rope. In the winter it is skis. Don't see the problem. :huh:

Eleeski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
@Dwight inspired me. As a Californian, my trick waterski goes everywhere with me all year. Last tournament is in December. Gotta waterski every month.

It's rare for me to drive to ski. So no car ski. My Goode snow skis do get the end spot on the rack with the easy access to the wagon. Does that count?

Eric

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The Armada Victa 87s are my car ski. Early season, they are joined by the Kastle LX 82s. Once the snow starts flying, then they are joined by the Volkl 100 Eights.
The Samba (now Black Pearl 98) was my car ski a few years ago, but I've dropped down to a similar waist width as your with the Renoun Z-90 as my "car ski". If I were packing the cooler while Phil loaded the car, he could count on putting the Z-90 in the car and I'd be happy in most conditions. Like you, I've got the DPS Trainer 79, and K2 LuvMachine 72Ti for carving days, or going fatter for bigger snow days. I really liked the DPS Zelda 106 for pow days, but I think the widest ski I have in the garage right now is the Dynastar Legend 96 W. That is a great car ski for a wider selection.

And the difference between this and a 'daily driver' would be?

The pair I grabbed all last season were the Enforcer 100's. 3 different pairs are hanging there but they just kind of do everything I ask them to.
I felt that way about the Nordica Santa Ana 100 a few years ago.

NE1

Getting on the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
My Fischer World Cup RCs are the ones I keep on top of the pile when not racing. Slice and dice most of our Eastern conditions to perfection.

n black

Booting up
Skier
I mostly kept my various skis up in Crested Butte, so I didn't have a car ski. This year, with my CB pass being part of the Epic pass system, I'll probably make more time to ski other area that are closer to home. I recently bought a set of lightly used Volkl 90Eights for these impromptu local ski days - and can easily fit "car ski" status.

Not important enough to care too much about, versatile enough for most conditions (frankly, all conditions, if you really think about it...)

David

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
Skier
186cm Stockli SR88.

cosmoliu

Making fresh tracks
Skier
My Head Rock n Rolls, 95 mm underfoot and 168 cm. I've only had one day on my pair of SR 97s also 168, and I suspect that they will replace the RnRs. Looks like Stockli has stopped making them, which really is a shame.

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
Right now the 2018 Brahmas and 2016 Volkl Code Red UVOs.
Subject to change.

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
Only 200's? ogsmile

Cheizz

AKA Gigiski
Skier
I don't really have a car ski (I live an 8 hour drive away from the nearest proper resort, so everything is kind of planned)... But I have a ski taht I will bring if I have no idea what conditions I will meet (fresh pow tot form hardpack and everything you can think of): my 2016 Völkl Kendo. Love its versatility, a true 'all mountain' ski.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Ahh,Tua with 75mm Nordic Norm. Brings back memories of my own Tua Trans Alps. I have a whole stable of these class of skis. Mostly I use my Fischer Rebounds with 75mm, Aleco leathers small mountain hoping these days.

I just relaced my leather/plastic Scarpas with hockey laces, hoping for something off this storm system.