• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

What is wrong with these boots?

Brian Finch

Privateer Skier @ www.SkiWithaGrimRipper.com
Industry Insider

There’s absolutely zero interest in these and I cannot seem to move them? Anyone’s advice is greatly appreciated!

James

Out There
Instructor
Shouldn’t you be asking what’s wrong with you? ogsmile

Kidding. That’s the wider version Smax? Maybe a little detail would help. Plus a ball park $ figure. Could be 24 shells are not popular?
Good looking, light boot. I tried them on last weekend. You can always advertise the liners and include a free shell.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I think it's probably just the smaller size. I'd love to try that in a 26 or generously wide 25.

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Agreed with the small mondo for a men's (unisex) boot. It's actually my size and I would probably buy if I thought they'd work for me but the tall cuff height is a no-go for me and my calves. Also agree with giving some sort of baseline price. I wouldn't have a clue what to offer and wouldn't want to do the research to figure it out nor would I want to just throw out some random number that might offend you or be way overpaying. :)

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Need a better copywriter.
Sales is just as important as ops.

Resume.png

James

Out There
Instructor
I think you’d have no prob selling those on ebay. You could even go to some of the shops in Killington, see if they’d give you credit.

TS
Brian Finch

Brian Finch

Industry Insider
I think you’d have no prob selling those on ebay. You could even go to some of the shops in Killington, see if they’d give you credit.

Tried this, no go

TS
Brian Finch

Brian Finch

Industry Insider
Definitely know a few lady rippers coaching or on patrol in VT who'd jump on those in a heartbeat. Try advertising locally? On paper?

No luck, may have to venture to KillingtonZone.com

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I think you’d have no prob selling those on ebay.
Yes, surely to land on the feet of the wrong skier there. Some dad will see 24.5 and think 70 pound Little Johnny is going to need a 24.5 (he measures 22.5) to grow into and get him through High School, six years of college and maybe his first marriage.

Yeah, used boots have little or no value especially in an unusual size like a men's 24.5. And hte person looking for used boots is exactly the person who isn't qualified to buy used boots.

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
Yes, surely to land on the feet of the wrong skier there. Some dad will see 24.5 and think 70 pound Little Johnny is going to need a 24.5 (he measures 22.5) to grow into and get him through High School, six years of college and maybe his first marriage.

Yeah, used boots have little or no value especially in an unusual size like a men's 24.5. And te person looking for used boots is exactly the person who isn't qualified to buy used boots.
My first skis and boots were a pair of Dynastar Extreme mogul skis and some random boots that were 2 sizes big I got at a garage sale. I probably would have better off burning the $50.