• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

What is the thing that looks like a big tail that people wear on powder days?

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
Here's a picture of rime growing on my ski poles while I was in for a quick break.
IMG_9542.JPG

So it's growing on the chair as well. And, unfortunately, sometimes on your goggles.

Last edited:

SpikeDog

You want Big Air, kid?
Skier
A skirt to keep your butt cheeks from getting cold? seriously, I thought that is what pants are for? Why don't they make some sort of space suit contraption for skiing that allows people to go outside without interacting with the elements at all? I bet it would sell great in the ski industry, smh.

skicodger_j.jpg

CalG

Out on the slopes
Pass Pulled
I wear "Hot Buns" on cold days, rainy days, and snow days.

But I wear them on the inside of my ski pants. ("Do these make my butt look fat?") ;-)

The hot buns are sooooooo welcome early in the day to keep that cold wet feeling away. Rain dripped or snow crusted chair seats. Or an entire day of snow fall.

They come off and go into my pack when conditions allow...

LOVE 'EM

Chef23

Getting on the lift
Skier
I skied last week in the snow in Utah and by the end of the day the seat of my pants was very wet from sitting on the chair. It didn't soak all the way through to my underwear but it definitely made me colder. When sitting the body warmth would melt things. I just have a pair of shell pants with long underwear not an insulated pair of pants. On snow days I frequently wear a pair of fleece shorts which help out but I forgot them when I was in Utah.

Sponsor

Staff online