What is the thing that looks like a big tail that people wear on powder days?

Discussion in 'Softgoods: Clothing, Helmets, Goggles, and More' started by Brock Tice, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Sibhusky

Sibhusky Making fresh tracks Skier

Here's a picture of rime growing on my ski poles while I was in for a quick break.
    [​IMG]
    So it's growing on the chair as well. And, unfortunately, sometimes on your goggles.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  2. SpikeDog

SpikeDog You want Big Air, kid? Skier

skicodger_j.jpg

Brock Tice and mdf like this.
  3. CalG

CalG Out on the slopes Skier

I wear "Hot Buns" on cold days, rainy days, and snow days.

But I wear them on the inside of my ski pants. ("Do these make my butt look fat?") ;-)

The hot buns are sooooooo welcome early in the day to keep that cold wet feeling away. Rain dripped or snow crusted chair seats. Or an entire day of snow fall.

They come off and go into my pack when conditions allow...

LOVE 'EM

4. Chef23

Chef23 Putting on skis Skier

I skied last week in the snow in Utah and by the end of the day the seat of my pants was very wet from sitting on the chair. It didn't soak all the way through to my underwear but it definitely made me colder. When sitting the body warmth would melt things. I just have a pair of shell pants with long underwear not an insulated pair of pants. On snow days I frequently wear a pair of fleece shorts which help out but I forgot them when I was in Utah.