• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
I much prefer the 914s on my ca 2001 bump skis over the aattack 11s on my Kore 93s. My father actually still has an unused pair of red 914s that I was thinking about putting on the kores.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I much prefer the 914s on my ca 2001 bump skis over the aattack 11s on my Kore 93s. My father actually still has an unused pair of red 914s that I was thinking about putting on the kores.
I wouldn't put the 914's on the Kores just because the heel track isn't laterally ridig enough. Don't get me wrong, I love me a good Driver binding but I'd step up to a worm heel version. 916, Sth16, 900E ect.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Maybe we need a thread for what's the NEWEST binding you still ski? Hahaha. I got nothing less than 10 years old in my quiever. My newest skis are 2012. Most of my bindings are late 90s early 00s 900s, even got some 877Es still skiable IMHO, . Got some Looks from around 2009ish though.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Maybe we need a thread for what's the NEWEST binding you still ski? Hahaha.
Next year's Pivot 15?
IMG_1066.jpeg

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I've got some NOS brass 4-pins if you want.

4 pin! no boot for those :) I do have some brass 3 pins SKILOM bindings on my wooden ASNES TURSKI ogsmile

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
Got a set of 957 Equipes with the worm screw. Ski them a dozen or so days a year.

The did need some fresh grease.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Got a set of 957 Equipes with the worm screw. Ski them a dozen or so days a year.

The did need some fresh grease.
With a 6-14 range and a metal housing, these Salomon's version of the Pivot 15. Timeless. While the Pivot 15 only goes back about 15 years or so. the 957 Equipe was released in the late 1980's and still a 30 year old all metal version is on par in build quality as any of the best bindings offered today.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
While the Pivot 15 only goes back about 15 years or so. the 957 Equipe was released in the late 1980's and still a 30 year old all metal version is on par in build quality as any of the best bindings offered today.

I see some ZRs in the collection up there. I like those.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
New bindings don't count if they were free. No pain, no gain.
Trust me when I say, nothing is ever free. ;) Everything comes either as a payment or at a cost.

Groomer61

Booting up
Skier
About 2 years ago I got rid of a pair of 215 Head SGs from the the mid 80s with Tyrolia 380Rs(old DIN) that I would use once and awhile. Granted you had do at least 40 mph to turn them. they were great pond skimming skis

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
The two brands that I will use are these:
1587774417291.png
1587774502215.png

The 490 RD's have been relocated to a different pair of Kastle skis.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Yikes, those Tyrolias are about the only binding I'd definitely NOT use, all metal or not. Isn't that the binding that killed Shane McKonkey? Granted, it wasn't a snow related problem.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Yikes, those Tyrolias are about the only binding I'd definitely NOT use, all metal or not. Isn't that the binding that killed Shane McKonkey? Granted, it wasn't a snow related problem.
The plastic is just a cover it is metal on the inside. They work well I have manually tested them.

François Pugh

Skiing the powder
Skier
Great White North (Eastern side currently)
Yes, they are. They are also the binding that allowed me to easily release them while hanging upside-down from them in a tree-well. BTW, mine are metal.

Dakine

Far Out
Inactive
I really like this mystery plate setup that came with my first gen Kastle RX's.
The Marker 14 bindings do have some plastic but the wear parts are all metal.
Unless somebody can talk me out of it, I plan to mount them on my soon to arrive AM-77's
All of the rubber and plastic parts are in VG condition, a testimonial to the longevity of high quality polymers.
I really like the free flexing design of the plate (somebody on Epic identified it as German made) and the worm adjusters allow a lot of mount position adjustment without slop.
This plate would cost a fortune if sold today because of the complexity and high precision machining.
It sure looks German or Swiss, twelve big screws hold the plate to the ski.

IMG_2654.JPG

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
The split ring could also attach a powder leash for the times it gets that deep to need one.
I believe that the previous owner had done that. The split rings are 'after market'. These came off a pair of (badly delaminated base) Atomic Powder Guides. Apparently the Powder Guides are what the guide used while the clients were on Powder Plus Fat Boys. :)