• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

54-46

"Hold my beer - Watch this!"
Skier
I don't have anything skinnier than 98mm. Anyone with a hole above 115mm want to trade 75-85mm race carvers for ~120mm rockered powder boards? Could be a fun experiment...

MarkG

Stuck on the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Me, I only have a one ski Latigo quiver. Thinking of a 2017 Enforcer 100, purchased on faith based on the reviews from you fine folks, for my second softer and spring ski.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
@FairToMiddlin and @Drahtguy Kevin tried the Shabang at SIA last season; their two reviews:

Ramp Shebang 179cm:
It’s 90 underfoot, loads of tip and tail rocker, with a 7m (seven, not a typo) turn radius along its cambered midsection. Of the more polarizing “clown-shoe tip” skis (the Dynastar Powertrack 89 is an example of a winner in the genre), this one leads the pack. It is quick, entertainingly so.

Where the design starts to show its limitations is if you try to carve. Picture the sensation of being on a 165cm, 13m TR WC SL ski (mmmm, alphabet soup…) and feathering it into GS or super G turns. It’s like that on the Shebang with any attempt at carving, at any radius; there is that vibrating-y feel that the ski is displeased with you, like you just told your dad you’re going to be a mime. That said, there are a lot of people, folks that aren’t Tanner Hall but yet mention terms like swing weight, who will find this ski to be a hoot, and it will make them a more confident skier within their technique.

Ramp Shebang 90mm 179cm The gurus in the Ramp tent pitched this ski’s 7-meter turn radius – yes, 7-meters – to me. What could I say? This ski looks a tad like a giant clown shoe with the gigantic tip and rocker but after the first couple of turns I was excitedly honking my nose. The Shebang is quick to say the least but not the most stable. On the pillow-top groomer the Shebang was manageable. I enjoyed my time atop the ski but was left wondering who this ski is marketed for, and I wasn’t certain that it was more than a one-trick pony – albeit a quick turning pony.

[hmmm, I guess we were spelling it wrong]
Well guess what I'm on today. The 189 Shabang is sort of like this but sort of different.

Spelling: the ski topsheet says A but the sticker says E.

Slalomy feel goes away if you mount the ski forward but so does edge grip. If any part of your weight is on the spoon section hardpack grip is sketchy to engage but easy to feather.

In slush that reverses - the ski feels like a Cham 97 except stronger, you simply cannot have too much weight on the spoon.

This is a ski for someone who wants to SL slush-the Beaver/Groundhog is for the rest of us.

Very unwieldy in deep bumps.

Last edited:

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
IMG_20160228_110415.jpg

MrFox

Dawgcatching.com
Skier
Industry Insider
I don't have too many "holes" in my quiver (in fact I might have too many skis), but some skis I wouldn't mind adding...
Kastle FX95HP. I already own the FX94 and Fischer Motive 95, I just really liked this ski.
Kastle MX89. Thinking of something groomer based and a little friendlier than my race-room Fischer GS skis. The MX88 rips, and I've heard this is better.
Stockli AX. I don't own a front-side carver, but I do enjoy carving. This ski just did it for me on groomers last test.
SG ski (no brand preference), and a closed run to have fun on. In the words of Ricky Bobby from Talledega Nights "I wanna go fast".
Kastle BMX115 to replace my aging BD Zealot AT setup.

For the question of what I'll actually spend my money on, likely either the Kastle MX89 or the Stockli AX. Owning 2 solid ~95mm all mountain skis makes it difficult to justify a 3rd. And possibly that BMX115, if my BD Zealot setup sells.

Read Blinn

lakespapa
Inactive
I realized today that my quiver is in desperate need of a serious slalom ski. Right now my "skinny" ski is 83 underfoot. Definitely going to be looking for something in the 67-69mm range with a 13m or tighter turn radius. Rebels? Race Tigers? Any suggestions?

71ADmDfGjhL._SL1500_.jpg

With bindings (unclear on which), $757.67 on Amazon. Six lengths 152 - 180, Prime shipping.

Here's a review of the 2013 model, which I own (thanks to Brian Finch): http://www.exoticskis.com/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=283

Blossom also makes a WC model, the Follow Me Plus, available flat here: https://shop.premierskis.com/products/follow-me-plus-slalom for $725.

You can get the Vist V614 Plate & Speedlock Pro Light plate for only $400. :D

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I realized today that my quiver is in desperate need of a serious slalom ski. Right now my "skinny" ski is 83 underfoot. Definitely going to be looking for something in the 67-69mm range with a 13m or tighter turn radius. Rebels? Race Tigers? Any suggestions?
Post Report upcoming, someone hacked into @dean_spirito's account. ;)

Tytlynz64

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I am missing a second pair. I thought the goal was one ski any conditions. Who knew.:huh:

Chris Walker

Ullr Is Lord
Skier
Well, I actually do have a 50m DH ski in my quiver, but I don't have a powder ski :eek:

My widest skis are 92 mm at the waist. Shh don't tell anyone..I'll get kicked out of Colorado.