• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
What are you missing? Sure, most of us don't have a 50M DH ski or ever considered getting one. Or we don't have 150cm ballet skis..well, I retract that,2 some here have ballet skis, myself included. But realistically, what are you missing? If someone gave you a coupon for "one pair of skis of your choice", what would you get with it?

Drahtguy Kevin

Après aficionado
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Kastle FX85 HP @ 181. This ski doesn't fill a gaping hole in my quiver but would get lots of snow time. Another option is the Blizzard Latigo @ 184. Again not a hole filler, more of a quiver enhancer.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Skis over 99mm. 99,91,87, 80 then a stack in the mid 60s. Rarely ski anything over 80. I've only skied the 99s once but that was a great day.

UGASkiDawg

AKA David
SkiTalk Tester
I've got no real holes...1 harder/shallower snow ski and 1 softer/deeper snow ski.

What else do I need? :huh:

A super deep blower on a snowing Tuesday purple top sheet ski?
Hmmm now that I think of it...does anyone have a suggestion for one of those:D

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I've got no real holes...1 harder/shallower snow ski and 1 softer/deeper snow ski.

What else do I need? :huh:

A super deep blower on a snowing Tuesday purple top sheet ski?
Hmmm now that I think of it...does anyone have a suggestion for one of those:D

Alpine-Glow-for-web.png

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
A powder ski. Something good when it's deep and/or heavy and still fun in crud and back to lift. I've almost pulled the trigger a number of times but then backed out.

Don in Morrison

I Ski Better on Retro Day
Skier
I'd have to say I don't have many (or any, some would say) of the common types of skis that most here do have. I'm actually quite satisfied with my limited pile of retro and Luddite sticks. Maybe if I get to the point where I can ski more than 10 days a season I might look for something else, but for now, I'm good.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Realistically, I'd use my coupon for what I already have, since they are getting a bit long in the tooth. (It's a 188 cm x 102 mm Coomba, I liked the Atomic Automatc 109 as a replacement.) My only other ski is a real slalom ski, which is still in good shape. But those absurd Cham 127's are still calling out to me in the night.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
a stiff 100 mm ish skis about 180-185

a stiff 110 mm ish ski about 185-195 for western trips.

a Stiff flat tailed 190+ powder board for western trips Spur could be this even at 189

a tech set up on pair of light weight powder shaped skis Like the synaspe 109

a cheater GS ski

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
I don't have skis mounted for touring. Hope to fix that later this year.

I still haven't found the perfect high-80s waisted ski for eastern on trail conditions. I have my K2 Rictor's which work beautifully when conditions are even somewhat soft but are a bit scary on really firm snow. I tried the Stockli Stormrider 88 earlier... have to try that again once our season gets underway for real.

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
a stiff 100 mm ish skis about 180-185

a stiff 110 mm ish ski about 185-195 for western trips.

a Stiff flat tailed 190+ powder board for western trips Spur could be this even at 189

a tech set up on pair of light weight powder shaped skis Like the synaspe 109

a cheater GS ski

The mountain ops building is going to have to add the Josh Matta Wing to have room to store all of your skis. :roflmao:

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
A nice DPS something or other for an AT setup (@KevinF 's post reminded me). Obviously not a "need" or I would have it already ...

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
I don't have skis mounted for touring. Hope to fix that later this year.

I still haven't found the perfect high-80s waisted ski for eastern on trail conditions. I have my K2 Rictor's which work beautifully when conditions are even somewhat soft but are a bit scary on really firm snow. I tried the Stockli Stormrider 88 earlier... have to try that again once our season gets underway for real.

Have you been on the MX88? That's pretty tough to beat.

tromano

Goin' the way they're pointed...
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I don't have any actual arrows in my quiver. Only skis.

I am kind of feeling self conscious about my quiver.

DEstrada

Booting up
Skier
I won't include race skis.

70ish mm groomer zoomer - check
100 mm daily driver - check
115+ mm powder ski - missing

Dennis