• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

What is going on with these Kendo's?

Jacques

Workin' It on Skis Best I Can
Skier
Yup. That top pic is exactly what Bob says he felt when he (gingerly) ran his finger along the edge searching for a burr. He wants to know what kind of camera you used because this was not visible to our *cough* mature eyes.

It just a Canon pocket video cam. I think I shot through a loop that I look at edges with. Naked eye is really hard to see. Might look like wax, but I assure you there was no wax.

Jacques

Workin' It on Skis Best I Can
Skier
Although the "chattering" has stopped and the detuning worked, Bob isn't enjoying the skis as much as he would like. He's feeling like they may be too long at 184. He's 6 foot 175 lbs. I think he's planning to sell them and purchase some Elan Ripsticks.

IDK, but I believe good things can come in smaller packages! I love some 146 to 155 skis! People say those look too short for you. Then I ski!

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
The brown one? Very good looking ski. I've tried unsuccessfully to get a shop to part with a pair they have on the wall for many years.

Yeah very different than those too. Extremely different. Might be what he wants. Closer, more modern than the 999: Enforcer 93, Bonafide, Rustler9, Rossi Experience 88, 94. Many more choices. Dynastar Legend 96 is an interesting all mountain choice. Bonafide is prob the closest to the 999. Different skis though.
Just comparing the Bonafide and the Rustler would be interesting. Different designs, both very good skis. Any of those would be more versatile than the 999. Tbh, not a fan of the Rip Sticks. Too floppy, not enough guts. (Opposite of the 999) But I'm not him.

Elan 999 was a total noodle. I could bend that ski almost into a "U" by hand. It was super fun in deep snow before the advent of skis with tip-n-tail rocker. It was probably one of my faves way back. I also had the 777 and the 888. Those are very different skis with a lot of beef; much more like the Bonafide.

Sponsor