• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

What I did today

Joel

Having fun
Skier
When skiing season is over, I switch to mountain biking and soaring. Today was my first flight of the season, was a great day. Hope you like these, excuse the finger in one, I was try to get a shot over my shoulder showing spoilers partly deployed. Lift today was everywhere, couldn't come down. This is my great outdoors.

20180524_123915.jpg
20180524_124222.jpg
20180524_130428.jpg
20180524_123910.jpg

Last edited:

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
I live not that far from the Air Cadet Glider Camp. They have so much fun during the summer. Some go on and join the forces. Fun to watch them launch with the winch! Or the plane. Interesting hobby @Joel .

Anyone visiting "the county". It's at the top of Mountain View Hill...aka CFS Mountain View.

RachelV

I run TheSkiDiva.com and work at OpenSnow.
Ski Diva Tester
My house is under your wing in the 3rd pic! :)

You can rent a ride in a glider at the airport in Boulder. I did it once when my parents were visiting and it was a ton of fun. Definitely a worthwhile way to get some amazing mountain views if you’re into that kind of thing. I’m jealous that you get to do it all the time!

TS
Joel

Joel

Having fun
Skier
@RachelV I got my glider add-on rating at that place about 4 years ago. Been a power plane pilot for 37 years, spent about 10 years teaching. I find sailplanes more challenging and relaxing at the same time.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
That is so cool!

On a day like that absolutely feel like an eagle.

Been up aerobatic a few times, learned to hang glide, but only up once soaring; soaring was the best of those.

TS
Joel

Joel

Having fun
Skier
@Jilly , " The Country " most of my family is near Montreal and Quebec. I was born on an RCAF base in France. I only lived in Canada a few years as a Tot before my folks moved us to the US. I'm sill Canadien.

TS
Joel

Joel

Having fun
Skier
It was a bit hazy today and the lift was poor, but an hour in the air beats a day at work anytime.

@coskigirl - I waved, did you see me......

20180720_121841.jpg
20180720_121926.jpg

Sponsor

Staff online