• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
There are resorts that rent basic ski pants to beginners in the rental department.
Its like someone is trying to set beginners up for success.
;)

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
There are resorts that rent basic ski pants to beginners in the rental department.
Its like someone is trying to set beginners up for success.
;)
Yep, I mentioned that most of ours do that, helmets too..

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
They made them for men too! I saw a few pairs on men at Whistler in the past few years. None this year. https://www.peterglenn.com/product/bogner-ben-insulated-ski-pant-mens

I have been tempted to get me a pair of the women's though. Just cause.
The USA Olympic Snowboard Team has a uniform option with faux jeans
2010OlympicsUSSnowboardUniforms.jpg

slowrider

Trencher
Skier
The blue streaks you left on the snow when sliding down the snow on your bum. I wore a pair of Big Macs (bibs) over ski clothes 1 day. The looks were hilarious.

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
Jeans go back the to root of freestyle skiing. Bandanas, sweaters, gators and sunglasses all were the garb for the con conformist in the 70's.
In the 70s it really didn’t matter because none of the ski clothes were waterproof or particularly warm anyway.

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

This was a classic NEPA look in the early 80’s......if only the CB pullover was red with blue sleeves, red gaiters, and red/black Raichles..... swear that was a younger me in Junior High.....lol

Don’t ever remember getting cold either.....guess I was too busy with my buddies having fun and chasing tail...

Wooley12

Putting on skis
Skier
Seeing skiers in jeans makes me smile. Brings back some sweet memories. When my jeans got wet I'd loot the lodge of trail maps and brochures and stuff them down my pants. Trail maps for my thighs, 10 page brochures for my butt.

Moose32

Attacking the Fall Line
Skier
Never skied in jeans or gaiters - even with a homemade rope tow hill in backyard. Also, never had rear entry boots.

“You have to stand for something, or you’ll fall for anything” - some country song.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
This was a classic NEPA look in the early 80’s......if only the CB pullover was red with blue sleeves, red gaiters, and red/black Raichles..... swear that was a younger me in Junior High.....lol

Don’t ever remember getting cold either.....guess I was too busy with my buddies having fun and chasing tail IN STRETCH PANTS

Fixed it for you.. And racers wore CB, freedoggers wore Mother Karen's.

Sponsor

Staff online