• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

jzmtl

Intermidiot
Skier
Speaking of jeans, guess what I saw today

20200222_193828.jpg

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
I saw a guy a few days ago with jeans with large holes in them at JHMR. I didn’t see him skiing but he was walking with his gear at the base. I wish I got a picture.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
There was a guy out earlier this week on a big powder day. His jeans were coated in snow. Ugh.

James

Out There
Instructor
There was a guy out earlier this week on a big powder day. His jeans were coated in snow. Ugh.
Then they freeze. Like the lower part usually does. Then you go inside to get warm and you get wet. It’s so absurd. Can’t believe I did it for so long.

Bolder

Out on the slopes
Skier
I just realized that I skied almost exclusively in jeans until I was 18, think I might have had some kind of snow pants when I was around 11 or 12. But with long johns and gaiters they worked just fine 90 percent of the time. Everyone in my Pa. high school skied in jeans -- I think only the 3 or 4 "rich kids" -- who weren't actually all that wealthy -- work ski pants.

Tytlynz64

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Ski Wisconsin. They all moved there. Close thread.

Goose

Out on the slopes
Skier
We skied in jeans as kids i. The 70s but we also went out and played in the snow with our friends whenever we had snow. It was normal. We didnt have snow pants till later on. We went sleigh riding in jeans too. Shoveled our walkways and driveways in Jean's too. Then went out to ring bells to shovel others homes for some extra bucks. Then back out with the friends found all kinds of snow stuff. All inJean's. Why was skiing any dofferent in my leather boots and Jean's. We came home, changed out our soaking wet clothes, thawed out our throbbing frozen toes and fingers and had hot coacoa. Ahhhhhh how I wish I was like 10 again.

Nowadays ski pants are cheap. Oh they can be very expensive but can also be cheap. Very cheap. They dont have to be expensive to be good enough to keep you dry and warm especially for beginners who barely ski all that much. Heck even I have never owned any real expensive pair. Actually because of weight gain I haven't used my better pair this year and instead been using a pair I bought for about 35 bucks. Badically some type nylon material over some thin insulation. And they work just fine. Warm and dry.

People can obtain snow pants for very cheap. Also many borrow them. So that imo is mostly why not much Jean's out there anymore. Heck so many people forget stuff home like snow pants and then they end up in some local store buying something cheap just to get by for the day or weekend. Hence what I mean that they can be found on the very cheap.

Arcane

Booting up
Skier
We took my daughter's fiancee with us skiing and picked up a pair of ski pants on Amazon for $28. Not the best, but sufficient for a few falls throughout the day to keep him warm and dry. Ordered it at 5pm on a Thursday and had it by 8am the next day while most stores had only more expensive pants and the cheaper ones put away.

Last edited:

Nobody

Out of my mind, back in five.
Skier
I hope those are her kid's skis.
I expressly purchased a pair of Voelkl RTM 7.4 in 135cm. Full adult skis in a very short lenght. The main reason was to use those skis as a "learning tool". But since it turned out were super easy to turn, both my S.O. and her Bro ended up skiing on them. Bro is a total beginner but was very high level inline speed skater (in truth both my S.O. and her Brother were) . Shorter skis enabled him to relate to his past sport and reach a comfort level where he could attempt to turn with nearly // skis and on edge very rapidly. So, it might be possible that those are her skis....This said...very nice suit (better looking, IMHO, since that is more real-life, than the skinny model, also)!

Jack skis

Ex 207cm VR17 Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
As a kid and young adult, I was already a ski snob. Skied, shoveled snow, delivered papers, ice skated, and just generally lived in Levis. No plain Jeans in my closet, and only one pair of Levis at a time. Replaced when knees finally gave out.

jzmtl

Intermidiot
Skier
Saw two guys in sweatpants the other day, couldn't get my phone out in time.

mister moose

Instigator
Skier
Then they freeze. Like the lower part usually does. Then you go inside to get warm and you get wet. It’s so absurd. Can’t believe I did it for so long.
Because the alternative was
Stretch pants, for racers or moms.
Army wool jodpur things with knee socks.
"Warm-up pants", full side zip, brightly colored with a baggy puckered waist you wouldn't be caught dead in.

A granite ticket counter???

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
Because the alternative was
Stretch pants, for racers or moms.
Army wool jodpur things with knee socks.
"Warm-up pants", full side zip, brightly colored with a baggy puckered waist you wouldn't be caught dead in.

A granite ticket counter???
Haha! It's actually a bar.:rocks:

Goose

Out on the slopes
Skier
Saw two guys in sweatpants the other day, couldn't get my phone out in time.
Now sweatpants were always a nono. The problem with sweat pants is that they offer zero wind protection. It just goes right through. Blue jeans are actually better at that part than sweats are.

griebs

Booting up
Skier
She paid a lot for that outfit. It's Bogner. $1,450.00

It's actually Cordova.. a bargain at $1090. Perhaps she put the savings toward POCcessories.

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
Interesting. Two brands, same outfit. It's now on sale for $929 if you buy the Bogner version.
https://www.bogner.com/en-us/ski-overall-marei-194-4166-4716.html
Note that the copy below, accompanying this photo, tells you clearly that it comes with the "branded hardware." The point in buying Bogner is for others in the know to recognize that you bought Bogner. The product is label clearly for all to see with zipper pulls and assorted other "hardware" pieces that have the Bogner B logo on them.
Another bit of copy says this outfit has this:
  • Rubberized ‘B’ logo patch on the left upper arm
I'm thinking we have a bit of a wannabe copy thing going on with Cordova.
Screen Shot 2020-03-30 at 5.23.54 PM.png

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online