• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

What freestyle skiing should be.

ella_g

Getting off the lift
Skier
To all the haters, would u rather have them sitting around getting high in a convenience store parking lot? or playing video games? What they’re doing is creative and kind of ingenious if u ask me ... @Josh Matta ... do u think I should show the kids :roflmao:... the same kids that have been spending half the winter ski jumping off the neighbors roof :roflmao:

TS
Josh Matta

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
Yes more things to jump off of!! You better watch out though this looks alot more fun than racing.

The thing is all the other link even Candide doesnt really approach what these guys are doing, they are the most creative skiers on the planet, making use of what many would call not skiable terrain.

In case your wondering what happens when they break something.

TS
Josh Matta

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
Part of me wonders if they worked for the money to buy their own skis they trash like that. Full disclosure, I didn't when I was that age. But, that's definitely something that keeps me away from the rails these days. I just hit the jumps and avoid things that might damage the skis I paid for.

I ma pretty sure they make quite a bit a money from sponsors and Atomic has been giving them skis since after the first video, IE they can destroy as many pairs as they want now, Besides I am would bet they dont get rid of ski until its edges are fully ripped out.

skix

Out on the slopes
Skier
I love this stuff! This brings to mind JP Auclair's street segment from Sherpas Cinemas' All.I.Can.

Another good one from Sherpa has Wallish and Auclair doing a duel scene in "Into The Mind". Liked that movie enough to purchase it.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Here's another... not quite as creative, but a bit higher energy than Skifi...

Goose

Out on the slopes
Skier
To all the haters, would u rather have them sitting around getting high in a convenience store parking lot? or playing video games? What they’re doing is creative and kind of ingenious if u ask me ... @Josh Matta ... do u think I should show the kids :roflmao:... the same kids that have been spending half the winter ski jumping off the neighbors roof :roflmao:

Forgive my ignorance but I never realized those would be the only other two choices in life they would have to do. I mean really? Because this stuff is just so productive and helpful to society. Im not saying they should be doing some good somewhere (though its not a bad idea) but to suggest their only other option is to get high in some parking lot? Really?

I wonder....in the majority of these so called ingenious and highly respected actions, who pays to repair any damages to just about anything private, municipal, or commercial? Structures roof top shingles, siding, painted surfaces, dings and dents or outright broken stuff. Parks/playground structures, railings, fences, awnings and overhangs, etc,etc,etc,. Like one poster mentioned early on that he had to place bocks (at his place of employment) at a railing/steps which he had to keep repainting just so this kind of thing didn't take place. How about in some cases the risks to automobiles or other people?
And which ones of them or their parents s are going to sue when one them gets seriously hurt or killed on someone else's private residential or private commercial property or municipal property? And even if no one sued, who pays for medical bills for such unnecessary stupidity? This way everyone's premiums keep increasing.

I know similar things like this have gone on for a long time now especially with bikes and skateboards. YouTube is filled with them. And its also filled with the injuries and broken or ruined or damage to structures of private, commercial and municipal property and belongings. These things are why we all end up with more rules and regulations and laws. Imo this isn't ingénues. Ski resorts do have rails and slides and jumps and etc...where they can do this stuff in an atmosphere made for it. This isn't ingenious, its stupidity and disrespectful. And the music placed on that vid that dbostedo posted? I mean just wow! It just doesn't get much more classier and respectful than all that language used.
But this is society today. And I guess as I age Im beginning to turn into a miserable old bastard.

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
Or....get off my railing, or shed roof, or steps, car, whatever etc,,,
I get what you’re saying here but it seems to be a general theme throughout many of your posts. I actually find it entertaining and a reminder to check my own attitudes . :beercheer:

Goose

Out on the slopes
Skier
I get what you’re saying here but it seems to be a general theme throughout many of your posts. I actually find it entertaining and a reminder to check my own attitudes . :beercheer:

I just don't care for the way society behavior (to me) seems to have gone way downhill through the years. Most anywhere I go and most anything i do there just seems to be more and more a lack of respect, common courtesies, and etiquettes displayed and happens far too much. It saddens me and sometimes angers me. And so......hence Im turning into a miserable old bastard. Either that or sadly Im one of a declining population who still cares.

Last edited:

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I don't think it's unreasonable to be critical of them damaging property that doesn't belong to them. Other than that, I have ho real issue with it and might even join them, but not on good skis.

Sponsor