• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

What does your ski brand say about you?

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Who knows if this will get shut down because of sponsors or personal offence but if we keep it light hearted we can air our prejudices and still be funny.

K2 - I remember the Mahres. Alternately I'm a broke ski bum still eeking out these thrift store Seths or PEs.

Salomon - Meh I don't really think too hard about skis

Rossi- I work for or am a customer of Vail Resorts.

Atomic - In my mind I am the Hermanator, Hirscher or Mikaela

Head - As above but Bode or Lindsey

Faction - As above but Candide

DPS - I used to be a dangerous radical but now am increasingly mainstream

Stockli - I am a better skier than you/ I am a serious skier, perhaps too serious

Black Crows - I am the ubiquitous freeride skier of the late 2010s

Renoun - Yes I'm on Pugski how did you know?

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Lol....totally in jest...but.....

:snowball:
I see this quickly turning into people who can’t ski (“carve”) ski these brands.....and the so called “best” skiers on this site ski these brands......

Here’s what’s probably coming:

Heel pushing smear turners that are trying to look cool in the lift line.....totally “can’t ski” on their “fat skis”....

-Atomic...>70 mm width...
-Rossignol...>70 mm width....
-Blizzard...>70 mm width....
-Völkl....>70 mm width....
-Nordica...>70 mm width...
-K2...>70 mm width.....(exception....Doug Briggs)
-Black Crows (exception....Ken_R)
-Line
-Faction
-ON3P
-Moment
-Icelantic
-Armada
-Liberty
-4Front
-J Skis
-Meier
-DPS
-Praxis

For “experts” who just flat out “caaarrrrve” and are the “best” skiers on the mountain:

-Stockli
-Renoun
-Kastle
-Head
-Elan
-Fischer
-Bomber

*Sorry, couldn’t help it......Pug threads lately have been in the Epic abyss of “I’m better than you because I ski ________________ and you ski _______________.”

I ski Volkl Katanas....I must really suck. Have a great spring! Hope to see you next year at the Gathering for a few days!

Last edited:

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
Most people (aka non Pugski, non Ski Diva's, non whatever forum) only know skis by racing. That's what they see on TV.

So I have Rossi, Atomic and now Nordica.

I'm not an employee of VR nor a customer. I happen to like Rossi. But I know the intent here. Oh, but I am a customer of Alterra, maybe that's the same. :roflmao:
My Atomic's are too wide and rockered for carving....trust me, I've tried.

What about my Nordicas???

RickyG

Faction Fan
Contributor
Wow...interesting thoughts...I do seem to keep ending up on K2s. This goes back to the original K2 Comp/Winter Heat/Bermuda Shorts/244/255/Ballet. Then bless them they hooked up with the Mahers and made skis I was too light and under race skilled to bend. A 150 pound hot dogger with roots in the 70's tried and failed to get along with those skis. As I've come back to skiing post TKR I did a big "spin the bottle" and bought a 170 iKonic 80 ti and liked it but they danced around a little too much, so I found a new pair of 177 iKonic 78 ti and I fell in love. In a day and age where I'm no long in the ski industry and skis that I think I'd like are just not on the wall at the local ski shops I do have to guess and those warm memories of K2 come to the fore. And before you think I'm a "smear" turning I've always been a edge then turn kinda guy even in the bumps. Please see my "avatar" picture. The attached picture is of my wife and I at the Jane on Friday. She has taken to my "old" 170 iKonics and I'm just loving my "new" 78 mm iKonics...so using your calculus about what your ski company of choice says about you...what does it say about me?

Attachments

• K2 iKonics 5-3-19.JPG
    K2 iKonics 5-3-19.JPG
    121.6 KB · Views: 12

Primoz

Skiing the powder
Skier
Whatever definition I look (1st or 5th post), I probably suck as I ski Rossi. I assume working for or being customer of Vail Resorts is bad thing (not that I would be either of those two). I need to arrange myself new free skis other then Rossi, as obviously Rossi are not the way to go, even though they are pretty damn good skis... all those 6 or 7 pairs I get every season :D

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
What does it mean with several brands hanging in the ski rack? That is the case for many of us on here. Here is the chance to analyze each other, and ourselves, with tongue in cheek.

Currently have some Atomic Mertrons gathering dust, Nordi Enforcer 100's (replaceing Nordi Hot Rod Pros relegated to early season skis), and Volkl RTM 84's. None of which were ever demoed before getting out the credit card.

Personal self-analysis. (Please perform in your head to a snappy Mel Brooks movie dance number) "I don't care. I don't care. Just put skis on my feet because I don't care."

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Zag -- I am an old lady but I am freeride

Dynastar -- I am a park rat but I am over 40 now and I want to talk about Chamonix heritage and I want to use words like 'atelier'.

Nordica -- let me tell you about the deal I got on these Enforcers

Mad Russian --- My skis beat your Sporten-Kastles up and took their borscht money

firebanex

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I skied Rossignol skis exclusively up till a couple years ago when I branched out and started trying other skis on the market. I recently demo'ed a couple of the new 2020 Rossignols and was impressed with just how consistent of a ski brand they are. Easy and accessible to ski but still have the backbone for an expert to utilize them. So I would say that picking a Rossignol ski might stereotypically mean that you don't think too hard about your choices and just want something to get you out there and have fun skiing on at all skill levels.

Renoun, yeah it's 100% pugski's fault that I own a pair of Endurance 98s now.

Nordica, you were a hipster the first year on them and now everyone knows the secret of how good they are. But you liked them before they were cool.

Black Diamond. Might be a ski mountaineer. Might want people to think you are. But really their Boundary Pro skis are quite good for regular skiing and no one else knows that.

Ski choice in my local scene just tells you where the person shops, Rossignol/Look is the only shared brand between the three stores in town that carry skis, two local shops and REI. Ski and gear age, now that tells you a lot more about someone up here. We still get plenty of people bringing straight skis to ski on.. including a friend who literally pulled her pair out of a dumpster this fall and skied them all season. Ugh.

slowrider

Trencher
Skier
including a friend who literally pulled her pair out of a dumpster this fall and skied them all season. Ugh.

Rad....

eok

Slopefossil
Skier
K2 : There are days "easy" is a welcome relief.

Kastle: I must be a bargain hunter - because that's the only way I could afford them.

Atomic (FIS GS): Confirms the fact that I am indeed human and susceptible to wishful thinking.

Head (Supershapes): I love carving turns on the groom, maybe too much.

NZRob

Skiing the Rock
Skier
Volkl Racetiger/Atomic Redster/Head World Cup Rebels: you're a race parent living vicariously

Blizzard: you dominate all parts of the mountain with impunity

Fischer Ranger: you operate outside the pathetic confines of the ski area, you go straight to the side-country, even when it's ice. The wider the better please

Black Diamond/Black Crows/Dynafit (anything touring in fact): you're ski patrol, even if you're weekend volly slow speed zone control

Kastle/Stockli: you've just been on a summer ski trip to the Northern Hemisphere

Defiance/Roces: you get epic discounts for your kids at Level9

Nordica: you're staunch

K2: you channel Blizzard of Ahhhhs every run

Line/Faction/Armada: you send it every run

World Cup SL race skis: you're an instructor in the beginners area

Last edited:

MarkP

Saturday, and Saturday, and Saturday...
Skier
Nordica: Hot Rod Nitrous and Hell & Back. Because I like skis that are still fun at the end of a full day.

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
ID One FRXP.....Because it’s fun, playful, and unique.....like me :P

Renoun Z90: Because I am a member of Pugski :D

Blossom FIS SL: Because I have high aspirations ogwink
DPS Wailer99 Alchemist and Yvette112 Alchemist: Because they remind me of Alta :snow: and the Yvette is my pink breast-cancer awareness ski
Hart F17: Because I met @Philpug when he lived in PA :beercheer: when he was a Hart rep

Sponsor

Staff online