• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
I am qualified CSIA L2 and am working on L3 - got the ski assessment, still to get the teach.....
I do the CSIA courses rather than APSI as:
1. APSI require working as an instructor to progress **
2. I ski longer periods in Canada than I do in Australia which helps with preparation.
I've made no secret that I have not worked as an instructor. You'll see it stated on several occasions in my posts.....
(Would I like to work as an instructor? Of course, but between maintaining domestic bliss and Canadian work visa requirements for anyone over 30 it's not going to happen any time soon.)
** I wish the APSI would allow progression without actual instructor experience. I think they are missing revenue as I know lots of Aussies who do CSIA in Canada for the ski improvement.

@geepers, have you considered taking any Rookie Academy camps in New Zealand? They might be right up your alley.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
True, but for the $12k he could spend quite some time in western Canada.

$12K ???? :eek: :eek: :eek: :huh: :huh:

WTF. That is my budget for the entire ski season. :nono: :nono: :nono:

James

Out There
Instructor
$12K ???? :eek: :eek: :eek: :huh: :huh:

WTF. That is my budget for the entire ski season. :nono: :nono: :nono:
I've updated it to only $6.8k for 3 weeks. He doesn't need the full course.

Your budget doedn't include skiing with the big wigs who make youtube videos.

IMG_6631.PNG

Last edited:

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Phew.gif

$5K. That's much better. More inline with my original budget for the season. That is until I blew the budget and half my retirement savings on this. Fish Sauce_Red Boat.jpg

We can do shots with the good stuff when we meet up at Taos. @Tony S should be ecstatic.

Carl Kuck

Ambassador of Stoke
Skier
Since I'm usually on the ski deck for anywhere between 8 and 10 sessions before I go up to the snow, I'm with @Skisailor on this one and just focus on having fun! The deck lets me get back into the swing of things, I'll usually start on easier terrain for a few runs and go with the flow. Yee-haaaaaaaaaa !!!!

snokat

Powder Pig
Skier
After getting out of bed at 430am to catch a flight out of FLL to DEN and hooking up with my best ski bro at the curb, it's off for a half-day of picking up where we left off.
If it's soft see-ya-later snow I'm automatic from the first turn to the bar. If it's firm then the old knees need to find their happy place, which may take a run or two.
Prolly be at the Outback and North Peak Dec. 8 on the way to Vail. Seems to be my routine. ;-)

TS
geepers

geepers

Skiing the powder
Skier
@geepers, have you considered taking any Rookie Academy camps in New Zealand? They might be right up your alley.

True, but for the $12k 6.8k? he could spend quite some time in western Canada.
I've updated it to only $6.8k for 3 weeks. He doesn't need the full course.

Top instruction that's for sure - have done course with a couple of the CSIA guys who instruct at Rookies.
US$6.8K - at current exchange rates that'd be a lot of skiing in Canada. And need more than 3 weeks to fix stuff.:daffy:

Still, it's on The List.