• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
First aid kit? Never thought of a first aid kit but I do carry certain medications, if I remember to bring them. Does a peanut butter and jelly and apple butter sandwich count?

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
Apparently there was a form of tetracycline (antibiotic) that, when degraded, was associated with renal tubular damage. But that form of the drug is no longer marketed in the US.

I will continue to carry my left over surgery/labor drugs in my ski kit.... Rather have them than not!

I bet those are awesome! :hug:

drewski

Putting on skis
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I keep a REI backpackers first aid kit in the ski car and travel with a small FAK.

Pete in Idaho

Out on the slopes
Skier
Obviously the list is pretty well covered EXCEPT FOR ONE THING. Carry a small very sharp pocket knife with me all the time. Twice I have given "stop the bleeding" first aid on the hill and the lst time couldn't get to the cut because I had to take the guys pants down from the waist (tree limb through quad) and this was hard to do, awkward and slow. the 2nd time a guy cut the fleshy back of his thigh and I had my knife which made short work of getting to the 1 1/4 in deep 9 in. cut (he landed on his own skis and had sharp edges). I always carry a small sharp pocket knife in my jacket.

Sponsor

Staff online