• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

DeAnn Sloan

ACLs are overrated.
Skier
I was just in the process of cleaning out my truck. I found myself examining all of the items I keep around "just in case." As a horse person, I always have an equine dose of anti-inflammatory pain killers and things along those lines. This led me to thinking about what I carry on ski trips, hoping not to use.

Here's some of my list:
- Knee brace (both custom and general post-op)
- Pain killers (the over-the-counters for daily use and the BIG guns "just in case")
- Compression wrap

What do you bring along hoping to keep it packed away safely?

Conversely, what do you bring KNOWING you'll use it (outside of boots, skis, poles, clothes...)?

Me:
- Duct tape
- Ullr
- More duct tape

Edited to add more stuff....

Last edited:

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Gauze pads. I remember one case in particular where that was handy at the Basin. ;):p

Last edited:

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
4508-6584ardbeguigeadail2013.jpg

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
First aid kit??

I sometimes have some Tylenol in a pocket, but that's about it. When hiking and mountain biking, I carry bandaids and neosporin ...

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
In all seriousness, I take 3M surgical tape for blisters, SPF 40 sun block lip balm (cold sores), Advil (old age and headaches from lack of caffeine/altitude), Zovirax (anti-viral for said cold sores) and a few band-aids. Beyond that I wouldn't know what to do with it..

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I add Benadryl to the other meds (painkillers and tummy things). The kit in my pack has some other things like zip ties, tweezers, emergency blanket, matches and tinder, bandages, tape.

SkiNurse

Spontaneous Christy
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I carry a fully stocked first aid kit in my car which includes, bandages (and bandaids), gauze, different tapes, benadryl, allegra, tylenol, ibuprofen, aspirin, (yes, each of these medications serve a different purpose) sutures, hemostats,trauma shears, steristrips, CPR mask, stethoscope, tourniquets, splints and some other random stuff. The kit I carry hiking is a generic one from REI, with some added goodies.

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
Shovel, flashlights, band aids, CPR mask, advil, sterile wipes, handwipes (like take out food type), my knee braces, extra specs, readers (when I'm wearing contacts) candle and handwarmers. When your trip to the resort is 4 1/2hrs... you go prepared!

I'll add the ASA SkiNurse!

Karen_skier2.0

AKA - RX2SKI
Skier
On me, I carry tylenol, aleve, pepto bismol, bandaids, nail clippers, lip balm/vaseline, whistle, moleskin.
In the car, shovel, flashlights, survival blankets, clotting sponge/QuickClot, gauze, bandaids, gloves, crutches, and more...

SkiNurse

Spontaneous Christy
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
On me, I carry tylenol, aleve, bandaids, nail clippers, lip balm/vaseline, whistle, moleskin.
In the car, shovel, flashlights, survival blankets, clotting sponge/QuickClot, gauze, bandaids, gloves, and more...
Car list is a whole other monster!

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Duct tape in the boot bag. Naproxin for the drive home..

BLT

BethL
Skier
This reminds me that I need to put together a car kit for winter driving and also restock the first aid kit I carry while skiing (mainly bandaids).

Sponsor

Staff online