• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Finding new places to work.

20180830_144249.jpg

TS
surfsnowgirl

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Federer was a machine. So great to see live

Our new summer long weekend thing will be to come to the eastern townships of Quebec. We stay st the Estrimont when we ski over MLK weekend in January. Amazingly fun to hang out here in the summer.

Buy some skis. Drink some beer by the pool. Life is good.

20180902_171407.jpg

20180902_131016.jpg
FB_IMG_1535923581139.jpg

Last edited:

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Love the Hamptons. Yesterday we went clamming in Shinnecock Bay, Swimming in the Atlantic, tnen kayaking and swimming again in Gardiner's Bay. Great summer day and made me remember how great it is to be near the sea.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Went to the Dell Championship on Friday and Sunday. We always try to make it for a least a few hours. It's amazing how close you can get to the golfers. Very relaxing walking the course, unless you're part of the crowd following Tiger.

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Long Labor Day weekend with visiting father, younger brother, his wife and daughter, and my niece from LA. She's doing a PT school clinical rotation at Johns Hopkin's, so soon will join my daughter as a practicing PT. Being a Cali girl, she's not digging Baltimore and east cost heat, humidity, and rain, but loves Hopkin's. With my elderly father, we decide to stay close to home and went to Longwood Gardens one day. They've added a beer garden in the last few years to make those other gardens more appealing! The other day I got up at the crack of dawn to bbq some brisket Texas-style and served with ranch beans, homemade Texas bbq sauce (not super sweet), and pecan cole slaw. The pie-queen wife whipped up the peach pie for dessert. The nieces taught us all to play flip cup...

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
This is the year the proverbial S**T slams hard into the fan at supersonic speed, and I am standing right in front of it.
Everything came due this year. Everything broke all at once. Hot water heater, boiler, sewer pipes. The list goes on and on.

High point of the summer - dropping a 400 pound oil fired hot water boiler into the VT house basement, solo.
Low point - Demo and removing 50 CY of sewage soaked ancient artifacts accumulated through the generations from a basement. Praise the Lord for contracted labor.

I haven't worked this hard in decades. At least I'll be in shape for the winter. No need for the gym this summer.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
This is the year the proverbial S**T slams hard into the fan at supersonic speed, and I am standing right in front of it.
Everything came due this year. Everything broke all at once. Hot water heater, boiler, sewer pipes. The list goes on and on.

High point of the summer - dropping a 400 pound oil fired hot water boiler into the VT house basement, solo.
Low point - Demo and removing 50 CY of sewage soaked ancient artifacts accumulated through the generations from a basement. Praise the Lord for contracted labor.

I haven't worked this hard in decades. At least I'll be in shape for the winter. No need for the gym this summer.

Oof! Well, at least they won't be issues for years now?

Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier

Ugh, definitely sympathize. Last summer and this one we got roof, sewer line, sump pump, gutters, insulation, and ankle surgery. Thankfully we missed out on the sewage soaked artifacts.

KingGrump

Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Oof! Well, at least they won't be issues for years now?
bsolences

Hell, I am currently on the 20 year obsolescence schedule. Anything I fix have to last no more than 200 years. I figured I'll either be dead or senile. Won't be my problem either way.

Ugh, definitely sympathize. Last summer and this one we got roof, sewer line, sump pump, gutters, insulation, and ankle surgery. Thankfully we missed out on the sewage soaked artifacts.

Nice list. :D
Used to be involved in institutional construction so most things construction related are easy peasy with the exception of the ankle surgery. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
bsolences

Hell, I am currently on the 20 year obsolescence schedule. Anything I fix have to last no more than 200 years. I figured I'll either be dead or senile. Won't be my problem either way.

Nice list. :D
Used to be involved in institutional construction so most things construction related are easy peasy with the exception of the ankle surgery. Hope you have a speedy recovery.
Healing nicely, thank you. And I forgot about the new vehicle, which a deer totaled just before the surgery.

KingGrump

Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Healing nicely, thank you. And I forgot about the new vehicle, which a deer totaled just before the surgery.

Can't like that post.
At this rate, you are better off sharing an apple with Snow White and set the alarm for Jan 1st. Hopefully you will turn over a new leaf for the new year. :beercheer:

KingGrump

Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter

I have to admit that the sewage pipe break was at a rental property. The work was performed by contracted laborer. I was merely supervising from my car from the curb. It looked bad and smelled really funky. That said, I rather moved that sewage contaminated stuff personally, with my own two hands rather than go to Philly. :cool:

BTW, the #400 boiler was a cinch. Had one of these parked in the back of the house. It is VT after all. Got to hang with the neighbor when they bring out their tractors.

IMG_20180904_170146.jpg

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm just trying to keep my plants alive until it cools down and rains!

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Me, this summer has been incredibly complicated. Trying to hike and bike and lift and climb as much as possible, decluttering my own stuff as well as trying to go through Eric's stuff as I can, selling things ... and my Breck condo landlord has given me a heads up that this will be the last year of my lease, so I need to make some tough decisions, and every weekend I miss in the mountains feels like a major loss - "I'll never have another mid September day on this deck again!"

Anyway, this is a from a hike near Breck last weekend:
20180916_113311.jpg

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
  • Philpug
    Notorious P.U.G.
  • Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid