• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I have been organizing the garage/tuning/bootwerks. Miata is gone which created a lot of space. I still want to finish the walls but that is a bit of a luxury.

cVyhLAuSTEGck2XktO+T7g.jpg

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
I have been organizing the garage/tuning/bootwerks. Miata is gone which created a lot of space. I still want to finish the walls but that is a bit of a luxury.

View attachment 50630

That looks great!

I had all sorts of big plans for the extra space in my garage, but then things got complicated. I'll revisit next summer.

Many PUGSKI people know that I like home owner projects. So one more project off my "Honey Do List".
View attachment 50568
Install carpet runner and brass retainer bars on 15 steps. Drilling all the pilot holes in the oak steps so I could screw in the brackets was a bit of a challenge.

That's very cool! For those of us who want something less permanent, you can get individual stair treads that provide grip and just glue to the wood. I like mine a lot. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00H57W586/

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
We took our truck and 5th wheel for a boat ride. Lummi Island, WA after going to Rainier. Beer, bourbon, and crab. And salmon. Oh, and fresh picked corn. And scotch.
_DSC0193.JPG

Attachments

• 20180725_113432.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 4

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Wife and I are heading to the lake for a long weekend. One of our ski friends just retired, sold his house, and bought a lake house and boat in Virginia. He's from New England and a very good old-school skier, but his wife doesn't ski, so lake house rather than ski condo. He has and can visit us in Killington over the winter!

TS
surfsnowgirl

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
I think I'd like a ski house/condo on a lake. Best of both worlds and being able to roll out of bed and kayak or paddle board would help get me through summer and make me happier and less of a biotch. I'm already working on my SO to buy something in Vermont, now I have more focus ;)

Last edited:

Varmintmist

Bear, with furnture.
Skier
reade600.jpg

I try to compete in service rifle matches. This is the view from 600 yards. The targets are under the black and white numbers. Getting better at it. Losing weight messed me up a lot and my offhand which was never strong went to heck, but sitting is a lot better. My wind reading is getting better so the 600 yards stuff is slowly coming around. After the next match i should have enough points to reclassify as expert.

TS
surfsnowgirl

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
2nd to last night of sailing is tonight. Should be fun. I now look at the forecast and wind by the hour. We'll have some rain today but weather will calm down by the end of the day and it'll be partially sunny with a decent amount of wind. Should be a fun night. The captain's boat is named Bad Dog and that's our crew name. i think Michael and I are getting T-shirts which would be awesome. I now have my duffel bag packed with everything I think I might need so I'm getting the handle on what to wear which was a nervous point for me. Can't wait for tonight.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
I'm up to deadlift sets of 185!! finally got to the weight where I can no longer complete the high end of my sets (6-10 reps - I only managed 7). Now the real work begins.

TS
surfsnowgirl

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Sailing was a lot of fun last night. Nice wind and we came in third. I really think I need to take 1/4 xanax next time because I really don't like it when we are turning and the boat is majorly tilted. It was like this a few times last night and after we got to the other side of the boat, we had to put our legs and head through the rope and really put our weight on the side to try and off set. The side tilted down was fully into the water up to the rails. Super unnerving. I'd calmed down enough so when it was my job to stand up against the boom and use leverage to push out the sail my legs were no longer shaking. I've gotten more comfortable doing this because I now lean back into the boom and go with it when the release the lines a little bit. I'm such a nervous nelly and have such limited experience on boats. I'm proud of myself for getting out there though. One more week of sailing left, this coming wednesday is the last day. Normally the captain hands out beers as we're coming back into port. I was handed a Corona by my SO and had a few minutes of bliss just watching the sun set and sipping my beer when I hear "get ready to tack"....... WTF why did someone hand me a beer, we're still way out. Tacking with a beer in my hand should be a good time. I managed to duck sufficiently so as not to get whacked in the head by the sail as it moved over and get myself over to the other side without incident (read spilling my beer).... Ahh ok back to my bliss of sitting there sipping a cold one..... Sorry if my terminology isn't right all the time, just learning and only my 3rd time sailing ever. I have fun, once my nerves subside.

Last edited:

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@surfsnowgirl , glad you are enjoying the sailing. It only gets better! When you start to learn the things that make the boat go faster, i.e. sail trim and wind shifts and current, and then what to do when boats meet i.e. rules, then you will really enjoy it. You really have to try and get out more though!! On our boat , we don't drink the beer until we cross the finish line of the last race of the day, then its beverage time!! You will learn how to do everything on the boat without spilling. Not slipping on dec will do wonders for your confidence when the boat is heeled and you are clambering all over . Treat yourself to some good deck shoes. Almost all the women and a few of the men are rockin these deck shoes by Zhik. They stick like you've got velcro on your feet! lots of different colours too
shoe-20-gy-pk-img01.jpg

TS
surfsnowgirl

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
@graham418 I'm nervous as hell when we start but usually chill after a few jibs/tacks. Heeled..... this is what its called when the boat is majorly tilted when we're turning. I'm a woosie, that's scary to me. We were majorly heeled this past week, not sure if it was the wind or we were making sharper turns. I want to get better shoes but wanted to go a few times before i invested any money. I'm very grateful my sneakers have given me good traction so I've never slid. I'm making a list of things I'd like to buy for next year. Right now i do my usual jobs on the boat and i observe everyone else so i can learn. They normally don't hand out beers until we're pulling into the slip. However, this time they handed out beers while we were way the F away from shore. The race was over though and we crossed the finish line but i guess people were thirsty. I think it's fun but still terrifying to me. I'm proud of myself for getting out there and trying it. I will plan to get more days next summer. This past summer was brutal at work so i did what i could.

Time for my other summer activity.

20180824_183536.jpg

TS
surfsnowgirl

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier

Attachments

• IMG_20180830_122009_749.jpg
    IMG_20180830_122009_749.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20180830_144711_548.jpg
    IMG_20180830_144711_548.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 7

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
TS
surfsnowgirl

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
@Monique They are usually mine too. My last job was a big company and we had these what i called social nightmare mingle fests.

At my current job there's only 9 of us in my group so the social component is ok as we all look out for each other. It's just 90 and VERY humid so I'm dying