• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

What did you forget your first day out this season?

Jersey Skier

aka RatherPlayThanWork or Gary
Skier
I just remembered I didn't update the lenses in my goggles when I got a new prescription this Summer. Going to be a fun first day on Wednesday.

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
Oh yeah. I forgot to charge the Hotronics too.
Evidently you are supposed to charge them for 24-36 hours at the start of the season...
says the lady who answers the phone when you call the home office.

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
I was ready to turn the ignition in the car when I realized the poles were still hanging in the closet... So I went back inside and grabbed them. Other then that I remembered everything.

MarkP

Saturday, and Saturday, and Saturday...
Skier
I forgot poles. Not MY poles... I was on a business trip, packed boots and slope appropriate clothing, rented skis at shop before the mountain but in my excitement to get out on snow after 19 months I didn't take poles. The rental shop attendant at Killington was fine letting me borrow a pair.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
^^^renting poles is like $5 or less.

I usually forget to scrape the wax. All good after about half a run.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
^^^renting poles is like $5 or less.

I usually forget to scrape the wax. All good after about half a run.

If it's one of my regular mountains they are usually cool with loaning a pair. That said I actually don't mind skiing without poles and do it on purpose once a month or so. If I forget my poles I usually take that as a sign that that's my day without poles.

skiki

Out on the slopes
Skier
Surprisingly, the only thing I forgot was my lunch. But Wachusett has a decent bowl of chili, so no biggie.

James

Out There
Instructor
I forget...
It was something.
This week I forgot my pass. Well, actually I grabbed what I though was my pass, but was a diamond stone on a cord. I got all the way to skiing sure that I had it. I can tell you diamond stones don't work as an rfid ski pass. The picture is wrong, it's all black.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I remembered to take everything with me, but I lost my phone during the day. I checked with Guest Services 3 times, no luck.
When I got home, I logged on to “Find My” and it was pinging at Guest Services, so I figured it was turned in.

Went back the next day, picked up phone. Lost my sunglasses, though.

Sponsor

Staff online