• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

What did you forget your first day out this season?

Shawn C.

Out on the slopes
Skier
I forgot to bring a post-ski beer. The lower lodge (Sundown) at Powder Mountain no longer sells beer (Boooooo!)!

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
First day I didn't forget anything. Beautiful day, temps in the 50s or so. Second day, two days later, it was 9°. I forgot that I had taken my puffy out of my bag. Brrrrr.

Primoz

Skiing the powder
Skier
For me it was just two things... back protector and sun. While I didn't miss much back protector on that single run I had, I certainly did miss sun and clear sky, which would make skiing much nicer instead of trying to find way down next to rope at 2m visibility on Rettenbach glacier day before first WC race of season :D

bbinder

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I forgot to adjust the bindings on my early season skis to fit my new, smaller boots. I prereleased a couple of times, and learned that skiing lightly is really a thing

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I forgot to go to bed early and wake up early, but that was fine because we were only 10 minutes away.

I thought I was missing a sock but I found it at the bottom of the bag at the end of the day. Wore what I had on and was fine.

Forgot the beer so had to buy one for $12 because I forgot not to buy the expensive brand.

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
I forgot poles. Not MY poles... I was on a business trip, packed boots and slope appropriate clothing, rented skis at shop before the mountain but in my excitement to get out on snow after 19 months I didn't take poles. The rental shop attendant at Killington was fine letting me borrow a pair.

I've forgotten poles in years past. I was at Killington as well; same thing -- rental shop just handed me a pair.

I forget...
It was something.
This week I forgot my pass. Well, actually I grabbed what I though was my pass, but was a diamond stone on a cord. I got all the way to skiing sure that I had it. I can tell you diamond stones don't work as an rfid ski pass. The picture is wrong, it's all black.

I forgot my pass when I was a Cannon regular one time. It was mid-season and I had been skiing there regularly. I went to the front-desk to get a day pass and they said "eh, everybody knows you here. Just go ski". Various lifties greeted me on a first-name basis, nobody asked to see my pass. Worked out. :cool:

James

Out There
Instructor
I forgot my pass when I was a Cannon regular one time. It was mid-season and I had been skiing there regularly. I went to the front-desk to get a day pass and they said "eh, everybody knows you here. Just go ski". Various lifties greeted me on a first-name basis, nobody asked to see my pass. Worked out.
Yeah, no longer with rfid. In general. Truth be told, I went through three lifts before I noticed it myself. It suddenly dawned on me why the scanner wasn’t working. The scanner never picked up a ticket before, but it was in a crowd, and they know me. So I went.

Before rfid, and some years before that, in uniform you never showed your pass. So you didn’t really need it.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Before rfid, and some years before that, in uniform you never showed your pass. So you didn’t really need it.

Name tag with title was our employee pass. Place was small enough to where if someone got fired or quit everyone knew so even that wasn't necessary

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
hmm no first day yet. Made an order to Hestra, so at least I throw away the holey liners.

One time I forgot my whole ski bag, boots and all. Thought someone else loaded the bag. Nope.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I had a dream that I left my boot bag behind at the airport on my last trip last season.
It was disturbing enough that I checked on it when I woke up. (It was here.)

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Surprisingly, the only thing I forgot was my lunch. But Wachusett has a decent bowl of chili, so no biggie.
Are you going to Wachusett for the demo day this Saturday 7 December 2019?

DoryBreaux

Not the Pixar Character
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
I forgot my gloves :nono:
Instead of walking back to the van, I just shelled out for new ones. Because I needed new ones anyways.

OldJeep

Getting off the lift
Skier
My skis ogwink I had rode out just to pick up my pass.
IMAG1722.jpg

Reactions: Art

Brad J

Out on the slopes
Skier
Last year I forgot my walet, i figured it out at the gas station, I had enough fuel to get to the Mt but not home from the Mt. Called a buddy and he said keep coming I will give you money for gas home. Nice to have good friends

Sponsor