• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
11B4C5F5-D32E-4140-BAF1-A4DF5425665B.png
This doesn’t match the specs you’ve described, but I think the ski characteristics are exactly what you want.

From Blister:
“Well, the new Wren 96 is most definitely still intuitive, but I think this ski is simply more interesting and exciting than the Wren 98. In short, the ski is more energetic and noticeably poppier than the Wren 98. Load up the Wren 96, and not only is it comfortable making shorter, quick turns as well as big, drawn-out turns, it will shoot you out of those turns with a level of energy that wasn’t present in the Wren 98.

So think of the new Wren 96 as a poppier, livelier Wren 98. It maintains most of the best attributes of the Wren 98, but it is now a stronger ski that provides more rebound and pop. And in that sense, I guess it’s true that the Wren 98 was a slightly more forgiving ski, but the Wren 96 is still very easy to ski, it’s just that when you are pushing it really hard, you won’t want to get real lazy, or that “pop” might surprise you.

And I’m psyched on this shift in performance characteristics.

The previous Wren 98 wasn’t a burly ski that offered best-in-class top-end stability. So if you’re not going to give me huge top-end stability (so I can go stupid fast, which is fun), then give me a poppier, more playful ski that is fun because of the dynamic ride it provides. And that’s exactly what the Wren 96 does.

A/B-ing the 184 cm Wren 96 today against the 185 cm Nordica Enforcer 100, the heavier Enforcer 100 was quieter at high speeds down roughed-up terrain than the Wren 96 — though this was more noticeable when running more bases flat and adjusting to inconsistent terrain. But get (and keep) the Wren 96 on edge, and the difference in stability felt pretty negligible.

The Enforcer 100 is a very good ski, but for those who would be interested in a little lighter, poppier version of it, the Wren 96 should be on your radar.”

Last edited:

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
....and the upcoming Liberty Evolv 90/100. I'm biased because I love the feel and flex of Liberty's but this new design is top on my list. Far right ski

fullsizeoutput_951.jpeg

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
Yep, this is one I'm waiting to hear back from you about. Definitely intriguing.

Skied the Origin 96 today for the second time in powder, this time it was shin to boot high in trees, bumps and some groomed. I will do a full review but this ski is fun! @Noodler its probably too slarvy and pivoty for your style unless you like that in the trees (as I do) But its stiff underfoot and wont fold on you but is super quick and agile in the powder bumps and trees. Very consistent flex, not too soft or too stiff. Really have fund on this ski. for my style of skiing, i wouldnt want it as my OSQ but I can see how many would. On the groomed its competent but there's too much rocker for solid tip engagement. Its plenty solid underfoot though. For those who drift/slarve their turnsor dont really care about getting a ski high on edge, it will serve them just fine. It bangs out short radius turns with ease and has a lot of pop and energy. I am on the 187 and I would not want it any shorter.

based on my experiences on the V92 and Origin 96, a combination of these two will be pretty fantastic.

TS
Noodler

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
Skied the Origin 96 today for the second time in powder, this time it was shin to boot high in trees, bumps and some groomed. I will do a full review but this ski is fun! @Noodler its probably too slarvy and pivoty for your style unless you like that in the trees (as I do) But its stiff underfoot and wont fold on you but is super quick and agile in the powder bumps and trees. Very consistent flex, not too soft or too stiff. Really have fund on this ski. for my style of skiing, i wouldnt want it as my OSQ but I can see how many would. On the groomed its competent but there's too much rocker for solid tip engagement. Its plenty solid underfoot though. For those who drift/slarve their turnsor dont really care about getting a ski high on edge, it will serve them just fine. It bangs out short radius turns with ease and has a lot of pop and energy. I am on the 187 and I would not want it any shorter.

based on my experiences on the V92 and Origin 96, a combination of these two will be pretty fantastic.

Yep, sounds like a bit too much overlap with how I use the 2017 SR95 in my quiver. I'm looking for something with a bit more brute strength while still willing to be compliant when the conditions are 3D. The Crusade is an absolutely fantastic crud buster, but it doesn't really excel in deeper snow. I guess I'm looking for something that's a hybrid of the Crusade and the SR95. Although this may be a "colored" opinion since I just spent 4 days on the 2017 SR95 with the carbon inserts. It might be that the latest iteration of the SR95 (and possibly the 2020 version) is really all I would every need in this spot. Honestly, it would be fantastic to not even have to think about the choice, but in my experience, it's a difficult "nut to crack" to develop a ski that handles all of these conditions well. There are always compromises; which is exactly why I usually have 2 different skis in this spot in my quiver.

TS
Noodler

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier

And there you go... ding, ding, ding... we have a winner, at least from a shape perspective (14.5m sidecut at 183cm!):

D’Lirium
108/118/94/113/103
The D’Lirium is our new park/all mountain ski that employs the 5 point design and rocker to make it radically quick turning, light and nimble. This progressive minded new design takes versatility to a whole new level by combining superior carving ability with unheard of trick performance as well.

Base
2015-Fat-ypus-D-Lirium-base.jpg

2015-Fat-ypus-D-Lirium-profile.jpg

Tail Height: 67mm
Camber: 5mm
Tip Height: 70mm

Length
Radius
Weight

183cm
14.5m
7lbs
Ingredients: rockwell 48 steel edges, p-tex sidewall, vertical laminate poplar wood core, durasurf sintered base, die-cut graphics

I have the sneakin' suspicion though that these are too light and soft... tip flop city!

Last edited:

James

Out There
Instructor
You should try it, but as you're a high edge angle oriented guy I'm highly skeptical. There's more to a ski than shape. And that shape looks confused.

Sponsor

Staff online