• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
@Deadslow, you've accumulated a lot of comments, but it looks like you haven't been back posting on the forum since your OP here.
When you return, let the community know your reactions.
Why do you call yourself Deadslow? I don't think you are.

Doby Man

Out on the slopes
Skier
Liquidfeet, while we wait for his feedback, I have some questions for you.

Do you drip your feet into your boots in the morning or do you just poor? Have you ever thought of using a strainer for the motor patterns you do not want? Do you ever get new motor patterns hook, line and sinker? Have you ever accidentally poured your feet into two left boots? When your feet are freezing, do your boots get tighter? While most of us worry about water leaking into our shell, do yours ever leak out from underneath your CoM? Have you ever thought about stealing some holy water from a church, maybe the Vatican? I suppose you could more easily just boil the Hell out of it. When you are putting your best foot forward, is it distilled? Have you ever used toilet water and not tell anybody? Perhaps coffee would be a more energetic option? But definitely stay away from the toilet water after that. What happens when your feet get lukewarm? And, who’s Luke? You do realize that if you get lost in the desert, eventually, you are going to have nothing to walk on? What do you use for feet when you go water skiing? I would imagine that separation would be difficult. What to you tell your boot fitter? “ ‘Water’ you going to do? Any boots fit perfectly every time. Besides, I’ve got a pool guy to keep an eye on things”. Everybody must of thought that horses were lead to your feet because of the smell. If H2O is water than what is H2O4? Answer: Skiing. Have you ever “waved” your feet goodbye? Ever wonder why your feet aren’t buoyant in powder? I always wondered why shallow people can’t flex their upper cuff. Maybe they are just dehydrated. Do you get mosquitoes in the summer if your feet are left still? Regardless, when your feet are still, how could they possibly run deep? When you are boiling mad, do your feet get mist off? Do you feel damned when you can’t ski? If your house catches fire, are you going to run your feet to save yourself? Do I understand correctly that it was a bartender that taught you to tip your boots? Do you do 12 oz. curls as a ski workout? Do you hold grudges just to keep your feet from going under the bridge? If you find your feet on a map, are they flat and dry? Is it tiring to have feet that run but never walk? Do you splash when you crash and then feel drained afterwards? Is Aquaman all foot and no action? Streaming feet must be difficult if your connection is too slow. Do you find dry humor a difficult feat? When the terrain gets too hot to handle, do you ever run out of steam? When you get wet behind the ear, do you pull a muscle? How about when your head is swimming? “Slippery when wet” must refer to you wherever you go. When you pour it on thick, do you wear fatties? Do your feet become misead when the water gets muddy? Do you turn the tide at a favorite radius? Is your liquid made up of blood, sweat and tears? I know how you feel. The next time it is raining cats and dogs, maybe you can get some doberman in there.

Doby Man

Out on the slopes
Skier
Where is your sense of humor? Because a sense of humor is the most efficient vehicle for humility which is the most efficient vehicle for change, a sense of humor is the most efficient vehicle in progressing from advanced to expert skiing. So ... a ski instructor, a race coach and a liftie go into a bar. The instructor asks the bartender for a CoM that controls the BoS, the race coach asks for a BoS that controls the CoM and the liftie orders a CoM Light with a BoS on the rocks.

DavidSkis

Thinking snow
Skier
Firstly, this is the "look" of skiing that many intermediates aspire to.

I see an effort to haul your mass towards the inside of the turn, perhaps in an effort to get the skis on edge. Doing so puts you on the inside ski, locks you into a turn shape/blocks you from shaping the turn, takes away your pressure management options, forces you into a big up-and-over move to release, etc. You can especially see these issues building into the third turn.

In order to unlock your skiing for performance on ice and variable terrain, and to allow you to shape your turns better on that mellow terrain:

Rather than rushing to move your mass inside the turn, allow the pressure to build on the outside ski at the top of the turn. It will build as your steer your feet. (It is a certainty that if you start from a centered stance, and progressively steer your feet, and you avoid rushing your mass to the inside, the pressure will build on the outside ski.)

Once the pressure builds, then you can start to progressively let the mass move inside. But especially in your case you don't have to move your body inside - just allow the hip to move inside under the power of gravity. And the keyword is progressively.

Check your timing as well. Once you feel like you've allowed your hip to move in the right amount, it means you've almost certainly moved in too far. :ogcool: If you feel yourself crushing the boot through the end of the arc, it's definitely too far. By the apex, your hip should be closest to the snow. By the end of the arc you should already be practically at neutral. At this point in your skiing, I'd worry less about big hip action, and more about progressive movement.

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
Since our OP has disappeared, I'm going to take this opportunity to link two other videos of his skiing from last spring. He previously posted these here at Pugski, and someone upthread has already mentioned them. I'm not sure why he only showed two turns to start this discussion.

Last edited: