• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

What are you growing in your garden?

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Man. There's what I planted, and then there's what's left after several nasty hail and wind storms. I've also been distracted, so I didn't pay much attention to the plants for months - no pruning, no new fertilizer. And all of the tomatillos that I didn't pick up last year seeded and grew, so I had literally hundreds of tomatillo plants choking out everything else. Anyway ...

Even sickly tomatillo plants produce tons, so lots of those.

I got some strawberries and a nice early crop of blueberries, but it looks like that's going to be it.

Got a fair number of jalapenos, in various stages of pock marking from the hail.

The hail really did a number on the bell peppers and tomatoes - not much there. I was able to salvage one tomato. Lots rotted after getting hit. I was able to chop the affected bits out of the bell peppers, though - three bell peppers, each with about 1/3 having been hit and healed over.

One cucumber so far.

I do have high hopes for the cantaloupe, though - they are tough enough to withstand the hail. A tiny one fell off the stem. I cut it open (what the hell, might as well) because it smelled nice - I found that it was already pretty sweet, actually. So I may get four smallish (because of the strain) melons.

chilehed

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Mostly heirloom tomatoes and chinese eggplant, but the Carolina Reapers are in and they are HOT!