• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Westslope chestpack (or other) ? v backpack/sling

noobski

Out on the slopes
Skier
Saw an add on Instagram for this chestpack. Wondered if anyone has found chestpacks better than backpacks or slings. I use a Dakine 14 liter pack and like it a lot other than having to swing it to the side when getting on lifts and I can't easily access my phone, so I use koala super grip via my inside jacket pocket instead.

This Westslope concept seems to solve my two problems, but not sure how it feels/rides.

Anyone have experience with this or other chest packs?

trieu

Putting on skis
Skier
I got (2) of the 180-X for my kids, and this will be our third season with them. Works great for us carry basic stuff(phone, snacks, and BCA radios). The kids never have to worry about taking off stuff - because some resort can be picky about taking off your backpack.

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Interesting. It's something I'd have to try on to see how it feels. I've seen people with similar packs but they were made specifically for cameras. As in a big SLR so you could access it easily and then tuck it away.

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
I have a sling from MEC for my camera gear. I've had a liftee insist I take off one strap for the lift. Dude - it only has 1 strap. There is a waist with it too.

Or I use my LIft-ryder.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I've considered a chest pack, but always felt like one as large as I'd like would be a little too bulky/awkward when skiing. My backpack I don't notice at all - I'm not sure that would be true with a chest pack. But I love the idea of the cell phone pocket for easy lift access.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
I've considered a chest pack, but always felt like one as large as I'd like would be a little too bulky/awkward when skiing. My backpack I don't notice at all - I'm not sure that would be true with a chest pack. But I love the idea of the cell phone pocket for easy lift access.

Just think of the higher top speeds tho!

TS
noobski

noobski

Out on the slopes
Skier
Thanks!

I agree with this. Going to keep the backpack for now. I have a Dakine and I am used to slinging it before getting on lift and I never notice it, plus...beer.

I got (2) of the 180-X for my kids, and this will be our third season with them. Works great for us carry basic stuff(phone, snacks, and BCA radios). The kids never have to worry about taking off stuff - because some resort can be picky about taking off your backpack.

I like the idea of getting this for the kids though. May consider that since they would definitely forget to sling on lifts.

Sponsor