• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Pacific NW/AK/BC Western Gathering 2017 - Whistler Blackcomb

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Phil, I like this photo:golfclap: You caught me messing with my camera while the big tusk is flipping me the bird.
img_0455-jpg.20718

Here are some of my favorite shots not elsewhere posted on Pugski from a great gathering:

3/6/17:
Alfred, John, and John outside Roundhouse with Whistler Bowl in background. This pic shows the very neat demographic range of the gathering attendees.
LL

Grump, Alfred and east coast Tony
LL

Grump lead on and off the slopes, definitely qualified as "assistant gathermeister".
LL

John/mdskier in Whistler Bowl
LL

LL

Hard to get a frontal shot of Grump because he's always leading:
LL

LL

Matt ripping some steep trees:
LL

Tony same area, great snow conditions all week. Tricky visibility at times.
LL

This guy Luke from Kimberley could really ski!
LL

3/7/17:
Mrs. Grump is a sweatheart:
LL

LL

Scott working it hard
LL

Scott again, Lisa took us into some great terrain in Symphony and Harmony areas suitable for a good time on low viz days.
LL

Scott in the steep and deep
LL

ChickenMonkey/Dave, super nice guy and good skier:
LL

I guess I had heard Lisa talking about her brother in the past, but did not pick up on the fact that he was a super strong "mature" skier. This guy was awesome and a big asset for the gathering as guide and sweeper.
LL

Ron again
LL

Ron can rip!
LL

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
3/7/17 photos continued...

Lisa. It's hard to get a good shot of the leaders of the pack, they area always in front. Great job Gathermistress!
LL

LL

Tony in Symphony Bowl. He was skiing great this day in deep snow, challenging terrain and demanding periods of low visibility.
LL

Tony again;
LL

I ski better just by hanging around this guy:)
LL

Gary was sick for much of this event, but he hung tough this day and is always a pleasure to be around.
LL

JohnL is my buddy from VA and a super solid skier in all terrain/conditions.
LL

John again
LL

My Tuesday morning crew:
LL

MVP, MVP, MVP:
LL

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
3/9/17 photos
Phil posted some for me from 3/9 earlier in this thread. Here are a few more from 3/9.
My most memorable run of the week was about 2PM when JohnL led me and Vince up to Blackcomb Glacier. This part of the mtn really reminded me of some terrain I've seen in the Alps. Grandeur with a capital G.
LL

LL

LL

LL

LL

LL

I went snowshoeing two afternoons with my wife during the week; once in the valley near Lost Lake and then up on the hill near roundhouse.
LL

LL

TS
Lady_Salina

Lady_Salina

Out on the slopes
Skier
Great to see everyone. Had another great day today, back to work tomorrow. I'll likely see many of you mothers day. Can't wait.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Bus system at Whistler: Excellent.

20170311_165440-01.jpeg

Matchstix

Skis with cameras
Skier
Bus system at Whistler: Excellent.

View attachment 20885

And exciting! As our first day's donuts proved.

It was great running into @JohnL @Tony S and @SKI-3PO on Saturday. JohnL and Scott conquered the chop in Ruby Bowl, and although I was glad I did it a second time I didn't last past 11:30 either. It seems like we really lucked out weather wise, some of the best skiing I've ever had this week. Big thanks to @KingGrump, @Lady_Salina @JohnL Dave and all others who led me around this week, I'd still be trying to find my way around!

I love everyone's photos! Jim you got a ton of excellent shots. Still going though mine here in the Seattle airport, once I'm back at the home base battlestation I'll get them posted up!

SKI-3PO

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
JohnL and Scott conquered the chop in Ruby Bowl

Thanks for leaving the camera inside on Saturday so that this can't be proven otherwise.

Great to ski with you again though. Always amazed with your pictures and how well you ski with that equipment you lug around.

Sponsor

Staff online