• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Steve

SkiMangoJazz
Pass Pulled
Bump because the tuning section is dead now! Maybe spring will bring this need again!

WHAT? How did that go to the wrong video? Someone has been messing with the OP!

Here is the original video I linked!

I hope "someone" does not come in and switch the link to the Slidewright video again.
That seems not very nice to me. Hy-jacked my link?

Seriously?! And all of the quotes of your post had the link changed too!

Wow.

TS
Jacques

Jacques

Workin' It on Skis Best I Can
Skier
Seriously?! And all of the quotes of your post had the link changed too!

Wow.

Looks that way. If I make a link, I always check to be sure it's the one I want! If it was some other video, I would have made an edit to correct it.
In the quotes, the same changed link would come up by default.

TS
Jacques

Jacques

Skier
I am a fan of the Ski Visions base tool, especially with the stone. A substantial investment for as home-tuner, but well worth it.

Certainly the sharp edges of a polishing stone can be used to smooth out a repair or high spots from damage.
I do that to mellow and smooth a structure. I just do it with a stone in my hands.
The tool would make the job easier though as one has a much better grip with hands with the tool.
When using a polishing stone to do that, one needs to use plenty of fluid. The stone will loose it's edge in fairly short order when used that way.
For a base that lacks structure, it is better to use a burred steel scraper though.

James

Out There
Instructor
Certainly the sharp edges of a polishing stone can be used to smooth out a repair or high spots from damage.
I do that to mellow and smooth a structure. I just do it with a stone in my hands.
The tool would make the job easier though as one has a much better grip with hands with the tool.
When using a polishing stone to do that, one needs to use plenty of fluid. The stone will loose it's edge in fairly short order when used that way.
For a base that lacks structure, it is better to use a burred steel scraper though.
So, what's so bad about ptex candles?

Steve

SkiMangoJazz
Pass Pulled
In the quotes, the same changed link would come up by default.

Only if your link was changed before being quoted. If someone quoted you, then your original post was edited by a moderator, than the quote would need to be edited too.

bigskymtnguy

Booting up
Skier

I was speaking of using the fine texturing stone inserted into the base flattener tool.

TS
Jacques

Jacques

Skier
I was speaking of using the fine texturing stone inserted into the base flattener tool.

Sure a stone can be dressed to give some liner structure, but I just find it easier with the steel.
Sometimes I use a file like a scraper to impart structure. Sounds crazy, but it can be done, and works quite well.
I save the polishing stones to then mellow the high spots. Again used just like a scraper.

Sponsor

Staff online