• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Welcome to the US - heads up, visitors

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
The hoopla around cannabis is reaching international proportions. I wonder if there is any connection to Canada's DUI policy.

It is going to be interesting to see how the Canadian government deals with cannabis. My friend, a financial advisor, has lots of clients in CO that are successfully investing in cannabis companies. So border crossing aside, cannabis is bound to be a big player in financial circles in both countries. The US can only keep its head in the sand for so long.

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
DUI is a crime here too. Weed will not be so its different than a DUI. Based on the way my gay friends are treated at the border I'm sure the question will be asked. It doesn't affect me but might put a dent in some people's plans.

slowrider

Trencher
Skier
Use to just drive across with a ID check.
The "last time" I was put in detention entering back into the good old USA. Something about I wasn't permitted to observe an inspection of my vehicle. Lol
If your going to make rules everybody is going to abide by them..... and they did.
It was awesome.

What next, UA to cross borders?

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
Local TV station poll.....Ottawa CTV

Quick Poll - Sept. 14, 2018

If you were asked at the U.S border about using cannabis, would you lie?
Yes

943 (34 %)
No

1854 (66 %)
Total number of votes: 2797

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Use to just drive across with a ID check.
The "last time" I was put in detention entering back into the good old USA. Something about I wasn't permitted to observe an inspection of my vehicle. Lol
If your going to make rules everybody is going to abide by them..... and they did.
It was awesome.

What next, UA to cross borders?

What is UA?

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Could part of the answer be the Border Patrol guy just wants free weed?

The levels of ridiculous for crossing back across the US border has gotten so out of hand. Requiring our passport is bad but why should a border agent be armed and in a bulletproof vest? These guys are arguably the least regulated (and most powerful) federal employee in the entire government. Are they there to save us from Canadian hockey teams or what?

The entire pot thing is one more excuse to create issues. Last time I crossed back into the States they confiscated a bag of chips and were eating them as we drove away.

François Pugh

Skiing the powder
Skier
Great White North (Eastern side currently)
I once crossed the boarder to go skiing at Jay Peak with a friend who had migrated from Peru.
We did not make first chair. That border patrol guy searched so keenly! Every crumpled old receipt my friend had in his travel bag got unfolded and became the subject of a separate inquisition. What did you buy? where? When? Why? It took two hours. :nono:.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Every crumpled old receipt my friend had in his travel bag got unfolded and became the subject of a separate inquisition. What did you buy? where? When? Why? It took two hours. :nono:.

Really? I can totally see that happening on 15 but at a tiny place like Abercorn it just seems WHOA.

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
I once crossed the boarder to go skiing at Jay Peak with a friend who had migrated from Peru.
We did not make first chair. That border patrol guy searched so keenly! Every crumpled old receipt my friend had in his travel bag got unfolded and became the subject of a separate inquisition. What did you buy? where? When? Why? It took two hours. :nono:.

At Highwater....must have made the crossing building bigger!!

Sponsor

Staff online