• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Welcome to our new home

PeteW

Getting on the lift
Skier
So you want an animated gif avatar?

No.

In my first post in Issues forum images are animated GIFs to show the effect of changing CSS. As I saw they don't play I post second images with changed state.

PeteW

Getting on the lift
Skier
Here is my initial intent to show how it will look after minor CSS fix.

unread-forums.gif

unread-threads.gif

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
I see you what you are talking about with Read vs Unread. Changes will be made at some time. Thanks for the effort.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
The old setup had page numbers at the top and bottom and you could jump from page number to page number maybe 5 - 6 pages at a time, now the page numbers are only at the bottom and can move one page at a time. This will take some getting use to.

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
The old setup had page numbers at the top and bottom and you could jump from page number to page number maybe 5 - 6 pages at a time, now the page numbers are only at the bottom and can move one page at a time. This will take some getting use to.

I see top and bottom.

1574956226318.png

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
I get page #'s at the top and bottom on mobile, but only in landscape mode, they disappear when I tilt.

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
Being vague doesn't really help us.
Sorry, I thought albums used to be on the users drop-down. I can still access them through Media, but not directly.

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm getting page numbers top and bottom on the website on my Mac

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
I understand that PUGSKI has to have advertising to stay in business, it is a fact of life. The basic adds are fine, what I have found is when the add has movement it just slows the loading of the screen especially on the phone. Is there anything that can be done about this? The moving adds really turn me off to the produce in the add.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I understand that PUGSKI has to have advertising to stay in business, it is a fact of life. The basic adds are fine, what I have found is when the add has movement it just slows the loading of the screen especially on the phone. Is there anything that can be done about this? The moving adds really turn me off to the produce in the add.
The ads shouldn't have movement. :huh:

Keep in mind that the ad placement and style have not been refined on this new platform. They will get better. I promise!

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Low on the priority list but at some point are you going to add back the 'location' under the avatar? It's nice to know who my fellow east coast skiers are with a glance.