• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Welcome SlideWright as an official sponsor!

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm not a big volume customer, but I've purchased several things from Terry over the years and been very happy with them. Good service and quick shipping.

Pete in Idaho

Out on the slopes
Skier
Welcome Terry, not a big purchaser but love the Briko Maplus waxes.

Terry what do you recommend in easy waxes, going on roadtrip in Jan and might need something easier and quicker that I can apply in the camper without hotwax ?

SlideWright

aka Alpinord
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Supporter
Thanks for the support! Hopefully we'll help get everyone dialed in on efficient and practical ways to Optimize Your Rides for the most fun and perfotrmance. With all of the time, effort, life style choices, costs and focus on this sport, gear and learning, where the 'rubber meets the road' or where the 'ptex and edges meet the snow' should not be ignored.

I'm also looking forward to seeing Phil & Tricia's efforts helping everyone else provide for them through the growth of this forum and the launch of their site.

SlideWright

aka Alpinord
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Supporter
Welcome Terry, not a big purchaser but love the Briko Maplus waxes.

Terry what do you recommend in easy waxes, going on roadtrip in Jan and might need something easier and quicker that I can apply in the camper without hotwax ?

Hi Pete,
Well, basically if wax is easy to apply, it's easy to come off. Liquids, sprays and pastes tend to have less than desirable additives to breath in closed spaces. Having said that, generally Briko-Maplus liquids, sprays and paste are more durable than other manufacturers. Adding heat to them increases their durability.

Before heading out, I'd make sure to complete a few base prep cycles of Briko-Race Base Medium (ideally over 40:60 Special Reserve) which is more durable than the universal red you like and runs well in a similar range. (Adding some super hard BP1 green could extend this further.) It will last longer and depending on the number of days for your trip, amount of vertical and abrasiveness of the snow, you can could get up to a week of good glide and base protection for each pair of skis. For every pair of skis you bring, you could double the time frame.

Rubbing on solid wax or universal paste wax or sprays outside might be needed to 'extend' the glide. Roto corking can generate some decent friction heat to liquefy and push the wax into the bases for increased durability. Ideally figuring out a way to hot wax or bring your skis to a shop.

Check out our Tuning Tips for more information on application procedures and this one on Efficient Hot Waxing.

Last edited:

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Thanks for the support! Hopefully we'll help get everyone dialed in on efficient and practical ways to Optimize Your Rides for the most fun and perfotrmance. With all of the time, effort, life style choices, costs and focus on this sport, gear and learning, where the 'rubber meets the road' or where the 'ptex and edges meet the snow' should not be ignored.

I'm also looking forward to seeing Phil & Tricia's efforts helping everyone else provide for them through the growth of this forum and the launch of their site.
I've really missed you over the past few years. Glad you joined the community.

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
Glad to see this. I've only made one purchase from Terry -- a well thought out and very fairly priced kit of ski tools. It included things that I sort of balked at paying extra for, but turns out Terry's foresight was better than mine.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Glad to see this. I've only made one purchase from Terry -- a well thought out and very fairly priced kit of ski tools. It included things that I sort of balked at paying extra for, but turns out Terry's foresight was better than mine.

I learned something early on, smart people surround themselves with smarter people.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January