• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Welcome Pret Helmets as Official Sponsor of Pugski Test Team

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
you might actually find that Sirius mask is holding a lot of moisture. I would dump that in favor of a very thin buff (and I may be so bold to suggest a Pugski buff). they are plenty warm but won't retain all that moisture

Reactions: BC.

David

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
Skier
you might actually find that Sirius mask is holding a lot of moisture. I would dump that in favor of a very thin buff (and I may be so bold to suggest a Pugski buff). they are plenty warm but won't retain all that moisture
With all the holes I'd be surprised if it held anything more than some sweat. I have a fleece balaclava and several other masks I've used over the years without the holes of my Sirius and I fog more & faster. I'm open to anything that will work though. Where do I find the Pugski?

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
With all the holes I'd be surprised if it held anything more than some sweat. I have a fleece balaclava and several other masks I've used over the years without the holes of my Sirius and I fog more & faster. I'm open to anything that will work though. Where do I find the Pugski?

YMMV but I've experimented with all different iterations of face masks, balaclava's and buffs. hands down the super thin (~2mm) work best. I have found that what you really only need is a material to buff the wind and snow. Anything else just retain moisture which will contribute towards fogging and a colder face.

@Philpug or @Tricia for Buff inventory update :).

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
YMMV but I've experimented with all different iterations of face masks, balaclava's and buffs. hands down the super thin (~2mm) work best. I have found that what you really only need is a material to buff the wind and snow. Anything else just retain moisture which will contribute towards fogging and a colder face.

SOLD OUT!

Reactions: Ron

David

Skier
So i found the Cynic in a shop today. Very round! Any sugfestions for something similar & low profile for an oval head?

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
So i found the Cynic in a shop today. Very round! Any sugfestions for something similar & low profile for an oval head?
I an happy with the Cirque as a low profile helmet.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter

I agree with this. I have never understood those who wear a full winter hat under their helmet (besides the fact that the helmet CLEARLY doesn't fit if you can squeeze a big fat hat under there!) :eek:
A thin under-helmet beanie is warm even on the coldest of days. And also not too hot on all but the warmest of days (at least, to me it's not.)

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Hving worn the Lyric X and Luxe X, I can attest to the Luxe (Men's Shamen) is warmer. It also has open/closable vents. The Lyric is more of a free ride look with vents opening only with removal of the pad.

David

Skier
Found another shop while skiing for thw weekend and tried most of their models ans they are all really round. Need other options...

Sponsor

Staff online