• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
kulkea-ps-tr.png

We would like to welcome Kulkea bags as a Pugski.com sponsor.

Kulkea reached out to us at SIA last year about doing some promotions after seeing the passion and enthusiasm of the Pugski community. After talking during the next few months and meeting at the U.S. Ski & Snowboard Hall of Fame ceremonies in Stowe, we felt that we had a lot in common and concluded that we should work together. Not only will Kulkea be sponsoring the site, but it will also be sponsoring the Utah Gathering with some giveaways. Earlier this summer we received some bags that will be going to members for field testing, so stay tuned.

Please visit Kulkea at Kulkea.com.

About KULKEA:

Kulkea’s one-of-a kind ski and snow sport products are developed to get you on the snow quickly, easily, and hassle-free. Our research is devoted to creating unique functions and technical features ideal for going to and from the mountain. We manufacture using high-quality materials that withstand the rigor of snow sports. All Kulkea ski and boot bags are skier tested so you can enjoy the outdoors.

We make the highest quality snow sports gear bags. Our goals are simple. Use our experience as skiers, snowboarders, and lovers of the outdoors to create tough, smartly designed, technically advanced products that enhance the most important part of the entire experience: time on the snow.

Since our founding in 2009 we’ve pushed the boundaries and quickly built a strong following of snow sports enthusiasts. Like back then, we know that nothing is worse than needless hassles that get in the way of being on the snow, such as searching for gear before heading up to the mountain, carrying an uncomfortable bag from the parking lot to the lodge, or arriving at the hill without your gloves, goggles, or boots. So, our purpose-made boot and board bags help ensure those days are over. Crafted with meticulous attention to detail, rugged yet refined and manufactured with highly durable materials, Kulkea has redefined the gear bag category.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Cool! Sharp looking bags. I might be in the market for a new one this winter, since my Hot Gear bag has a fried wire, and it frankly weighs too much. Since I no longer have Zipfit liners, and now have a stand alone boot dryer, a smaller, lighter bag is in order.

VickiK

Out on the slopes
Skier
Is the name patch re-writeable somehow, in case you moved or made a mistake on your address?

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I think she means the name patch on the bags.
Doh.:doh:

Is the name patch re-writeable somehow, in case you moved or made a mistake on your address?
Making it rewritable kinda defeats the security reasons of writing your name on the bag. If you are concerned about just marking it with your name, I would suggest a hang tag

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Making it rewritable kinda defeats the security reasons of writing your name on the bag. If you are concerned about just marking it with your name, I would suggest a hang tag

Agreed. In addition, I never put my address on the outside of my bags. ID tags have my name, phone number(s), and email address. Inside I put a business card if traveling by air/train. I might put my first initial and last name on a permanent ID spot on the outside but nothing that would need to change (unless I were to sell or give away but that's not my concern).

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
I heard rumor of a Kulkea heated boot bag this season. Is it happening?

ksampson3

Giving 80% effort 100% of the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Is Kulkea a Northeast company? It seemed like every other person at Stowe had one of their bags. However, I've never really seen them out West. I live outside of DC and I've never seen anyone carrying one of these bags around here. It always seems to be Transpack as the default bag.

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
No lightweight wheelie ski bag nor a wheelaboard top to tail boot bag? Missing tricks there for air travellers.

SkiNurse

Spontaneous Christy
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
My favorite boot bag!

bbinder

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Is Kulkea a Northeast company? It seemed like every other person at Stowe had one of their bags. However, I've never really seen them out West. I live outside of DC and I've never seen anyone carrying one of these bags around here. It always seems to be Transpack as the default bag.
The brothers who started the company are from Newton, MA. They told us at the last show that the heated bag is due to come out this coming season. We will see.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
I've been intrigued by Kulkea, but I couldn't justify replacing my Transpack for the rare times I use it (I am fortunate enough to typically walk from the condo to the lift in my ski boots). But if it's heated, that could make a big difference to my tootsies when I have to drive. At home, I run a boot dryer in my boots until the moment I pop them on my feet.

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
I heard rumor of a Kulkea heated boot bag this season. Is it happening?

^^^ i was wondering as well. i need one just a bit larger than what i have now

First off, thank you to Kulkea for the sponsorship. The company might want to set up a corporate username like @SkiEssentials . Also, given the comments above, I wonder if it made sense to have an article where they talk a bit about their line up, upcoming products, perhaps some questions and answers where they give some insight on the company, etc.

Cheers!

Sponsor

Staff online