• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

KULKEA

Getting off the lift
SkiTalk Sponsor

We would like to welcome Kulkea bags as a Pugski.com sponsor.

Kulkea reached out to us at SIA last year about doing some promotions after seeing the passion and enthusiasm of the Pugski community. After talking during the next few months and meeting at the U.S. Ski & Snowboard Hall of Fame ceremonies in Stowe, we felt that we had a lot in common and concluded that we should work together. Not only will Kulkea be sponsoring the site, but it will also be sponsoring the Utah Gathering with some giveaways. Earlier this summer we received some bags that will be going to members for field testing, so stay tuned.

Hello and thank you for the warm welcome! We at Kulkea are thrilled to support this great community and look forward to your questions and insights.

Cheers!

KULKEA

Getting off the lift
SkiTalk Sponsor
Is the name patch re-writeable somehow, in case you moved or made a mistake on your address?

Hi VickiK,
Good question, The patch is intended to help you quickly identify your bag, so likely you'd use a permanent marker and therefore wouldn't be re-writable. That said, the Boot Trekker also had a covered ID holder on the back of the bag where you can write in more detailed contact information and or slide in a business card. See here for an illustration. Thanks!

KULKEA

Getting off the lift
SkiTalk Sponsor
I heard rumor of a Kulkea heated boot bag this season. Is it happening?
Hi Monique,
Thank you ad yes, our Thermal Trekker (heated bag) is coming this season! We put much research and development into what we hope will be the go-to heated bag. Not only will it warm and soften boots, it does so quickly and provides ample and organized storage for all your gear. Further, while the bag warms boots we've made sure it won't get too hot so as not to compromise inserts or custom molds.

KULKEA

Getting off the lift
SkiTalk Sponsor
Is Kulkea a Northeast company? It seemed like every other person at Stowe had one of their bags. However, I've never really seen them out West. I live outside of DC and I've never seen anyone carrying one of these bags around here. It always seems to be Transpack as the default bag.

Howdy, yes we are based in the Northeast. More specifically the brothers Dave and Stave are originally from Newton, MA and our company based nearby in Westwood. While we're more popular in the NE region, we're growing fast. We can be found in shops on both coasts, across the country and via some online partners. See here for a listing: http://www.kulkea.com/where-to-buy/

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Further, while the bag warms boots we've made sure it won't get too hot so as not to compromise inserts or custom molds.

As long as you're answering questions - did you test with molded shells as well as molded liners?

KULKEA

Getting off the lift
SkiTalk Sponsor
As long as you're answering questions - did you test with molded shells as well as molded liners?
Yes. One of the features that differentiates the Thermal Trekker vs others on the market is how and where our heating elements/pads are located. We use a conduction warming method where there is a pad in each boot pocket that wraps the boot like a soft taco. With this method, our pads don't need to get as hot as others and yet warm boot faster..

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Yes. One of the features that differentiates the Thermal Trekker vs others on the market is how and where our heating elements/pads are located. We use a conduction warming method where there is a pad in each boot pocket that wraps the boot like a soft taco. With this method, our pads don't need to get as hot as others and yet warm boot faster..
I thought I had images from SIA on this, but I can't find them. :(

KULKEA

Getting off the lift
SkiTalk Sponsor
I thought I had images from SIA on this, but I can't find them. :(
Here's on that should help. Note that the heat pad is secured via velco to the walls of the boot pockets. In this pic its partially detached illustrate the pad and conduction method.

Attachments

• themal-trekker-kulkea.jpg
    themal-trekker-kulkea.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 20
TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Another suggestion that has come up..interior colors of the bags. With many ski accessories like gloves, buffs, socks, ect being black or drk in color..a lighter or contrasting colot of the bag liners are welcome and makes finding things much easier and quicker.

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
Another suggestion that has come up..interior colors of the bags. With many ski accessories like gloves, buffs, socks, ect being black or drk in color..a lighter or contrasting colot of the bag liners are welcome and makes finding things much easier and quicker.

How about Helmets? I don't use ski bags very often, but when I do, I like to put everything for one skier in one bag: boots, goggles, gloves and helmet. Am I the only one?

Last edited:

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier

Yum, tacos!

How about Helmets? I don't use ski bags very often, but when I do, I like to put everything for one skier in one bag: boots, goggles, gloves and helmet. Am I the only one?

You're not supposed to have a dark helmet (see my profile photo) ;-)

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Dang it, where was the KANTAJA Ski Bag last season when I purchased a Dakine Padded Single Ski Bag!

Full length padding on all sides, inner hold down and outer cinch straps! Add wheels to that bag and my new Dakine is off to the local ski swap!

SkiNurse

Spontaneous Christy
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I met some of your staff (or maybe it was you?) at the Snowexpo in Denver last November. Not only do you make a product that I really like (it fits me!!!!) but you also have really knowledgable & friendly staff. :)

KULKEA

Getting off the lift
SkiTalk Sponsor
Good point and I think you'll be happy to see we felt the same way. Please see attached:
kulkea-boot-trekker-interior.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Brian Finch

Privateer Skier @ www.SkiWithaGrimRipper.com
Industry Insider
IMG_0287.JPG Pulled off air travel & couple weeks at Mt Hood with a single bag. But that transpack has made its last trip. Looking forward toward getting rid of the V shape in this pack.

KULKEA

Getting off the lift
SkiTalk Sponsor
Nice! I think you'll appreciate the additional storage space and organizational features of a Boot Trekker. Love to hear your feedback once you've had a chance to compare and contrast.

KULKEA

Getting off the lift
SkiTalk Sponsor
Saw the living legend and King of Surf Guitar, Dick Dale preform last night. At 80 years young he ripped it up. In closing he said we "were his medicine"...but really he was ours!

Sponsor