• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Weird story about a cyclist in Colorado

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
This story popped up on my news feed. Holy man!
Bicyclist found dead near Herman Mountain Road
Screen Shot 2017-09-27 at 4.28.52 PM.png

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
We've actually talked about this a bit in the MTB thread ... it's sad and alarming.

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
Yea, my last post over there has a lot of info. Looks pretty sure like a serial killer who killed two girls in Delphi, Indiana and ended up out here like many do, unfortunately.

This guy was so unhinged that he's been chasing people with a hatchet and was back at the search and rescue scene for Tim Watkins drIving by aggressively multiple times. Earned himself a picture of his car and license plate going out on social media and his subsequent quick arrest. He chased the son of a friend of ours and one of his friends with a hatchet, but that was a road rage thing seemingly at the time and the boys easily escaped in their car and reported it to police.

This article is a good summary - nothing new is breaking due to the active investigation except it's since been reported this guy was in Delphi, Indiana at the time of those murders.

https://www.google.com/amp/heavy.co...atchet-man-delphi-indiana-murders-photos/amp/

And he shows up on my local trails - could have been any of us. RIP Tim Watkins. Guy was apparently a legend around here. My wife and many of our friends knew him. A little memorial at the local Mt. Herman trailhead from yesterday.

IMG_8470.JPG

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Wow, just wow!