• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Oh - if we’re going to make this topic about hair, I’m out of it (pun intended)! lol
:roflmao:

Between a bike crash with broken teeth and a bad case of the flu, I have been off the WW wagon for a couple of weeks. No weight loss but no gain, either. Back on now. I stopped tracking for a couple of weeks but still made decent choices.
Oh no Nancy! Hope you're healing well.

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Between a bike crash with broken teeth and a bad case of the flu, I have been off the WW wagon for a couple of weeks. No weight loss but no gain, either. Back on now. I stopped tracking for a couple of weeks but still made decent choices.

That’s awful! I hope you’re on the mend!

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
When I started this journey...I was at a scary weight of 208lb.I thought it never could happen, but it did. I was very disappointed in myself looking at what was acceptable as being the new norm. 190 for years was my average weight...then it started going up a bit...195....Then I wanted to get back to 190...then it started bouncing between 195-200...then that was the norm...then 200-205...and I thought I just need to get below 200 again...and that would have been "acceptable". Then 206...207...208...when we will I see 201..the next week? No. Back to no carbs...but as in the past it didn't work..I don't know why expected to work this time. I dropped a few pounds down to 203 but I knew it wasn't working and that I would fail again. In the meantime @Tricia started Weight Watchers and she was immediately seeing results. So I started it too. I thought if I can only get down to my (original) "Published Weight" of 190...that would be a huge goal. I haven't seen 190 since about 2010 or so. I started WW on 6/19/19 and within a week I saw 199.5. I was in One-derland. (What WW members call being under 200lb) , I thought "this is working..I can get to 190.. Now, can I do 185? Once I got to 193...I thought 183 would be 20 pounds lost from where I started WW and 25 pounds from my highest weight. Honestly the number of 183 scared me. Today I hit it, 183 LB! Less than 3 months in too.

Let's look back 24 hours. We were getting ready to go on our trip to Michigan. Tricia asked if my 36 jeans would fit OK. I thought, they should (they were getting snug) ....I might have lost a few pounds so I will wear a belt. Haha. I put them on and they just fell off. Damn. We go down to Old Navy and I grab some 34's which should be OK...nope, too big too. Could I be a 32? I haven't been a 32 since the late 1980s. I put them on and while I was able to button them, they felt like my 36's when I started, I went for a 33. I bought two pairs but honestly, I will be returning one of them. My "You've reached your goal!" pendent came yesterday too, I am assuming this was based on my previous goal of 185 pounds.

We started with the WW 3 month introductory plan and I would hedge my bets and see how it goes from there. In this time many people from here and other friends have signed up and used us as referrals and I have gotten a few free months coming my way. I put referral ad on the site and have also gotten some months from that so I plan on keeping on keeping on. Do I plan to lose more weight? Another 5 would be good, 178 pounds will be a loss of 30 from the spring. Honestly, I am going to keep doing what I am doing and eating the way I am eating because it feels right. I have 25 points to work with and that works for me. If I went into maintenance mode, I would have 30, I still think I would use just the 25 anyway. When we go to Michigan, I am sure as hell going to stop at White Castle and get some sliders but instead of having my previous serving of a dozen, I might just have half of that. I will be over my 25 points that day but it doesn't mean I will fall off the wagon, the next day I will be back to what has gotten me here.
View attachment 79935 View attachment 79936 View attachment 79937
View attachment 79938
Congratulations Phil!
:golfclap:

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Heal well Nancy. Congrats to Phil and Tricia for their and everyone else's success. I can see myself getting an obsession with food so that's why I'm afraid to commit to a "diet". I have friends that do both Keto and WW and I adopt things from each and just really try to drink lots of water and be mindful with what I put in my mouth and of course indulge once in a while. I remember a certain weight I used to be years ago and it's a good number according to my old doctor. I see pictures of myself then and I think I look emaciated. Years ago I went through a bunch of stressful things in the course of 8 months and I am not sure how much weight I lost but I lost a good bit. When I'm stressed I don't/can't eat so if I ever have stressful things going on with me I just try to stay hydrated.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I have friends that do both Keto and WW and I adopt things from each
Sorry to burst your bubble, but you can't adopt things from Keto and WW and have success.
Kinda doing Keto is like kinda being pregnant. You're either doing it or you're not.

With WW, you can adopt some of it and be successful, but the amount of fat you'd eat doing Keto is counter productive with WW.
Not trying to rain on your personal program, but I'm afraid you're setting yourself up for failure long term if you adopt a little of WW and Keto.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Not good at all, Tricia. I'd guess about Mid-May things really fell apart for me. I fell into a nasty fatigue and it continued to get worse through summer. I have been going to lots of doctors and the only finding so far is "you ain't right".

The less fit I am the more difficult it is to maintain weight. I have been trying to keep things going and I have been able to maintain at 183# for most of the summer. One thing that Paleo and Crossfit talk about is "skinny fat" I have been in that category for a while now. I consider a good day for quality eating... is to stay away from Carbs, excluding fruit. Since I don't count calories or points, this is important. But don't think that I am that good at it.

I was rummaging through my desk and found all of my WW stuff from maybe 15 years ago. I got down to 183 which was amazing for me at the time.

Today was a very good day relative to the rest of the summer. I went swimming.

Thanks for asking.
Its been a little over a month since you posted. How's it going?

no edge

Out on the slopes
Skier
Its been a little over a month since you posted. How's it going?

At best, terrible. Energy is gone, Head aches, memory problems, balance problems, can't workout, fearful about the ski season, and they told me to make a gratitude list. Other than that not bad, pretty good... I can't complain - (that's a song). It's hard for me eat right feeling like this but I continue to lean into Paleo. It helps.

A year and a half ago I had a stroke (mild). Not sure how that situation fits into all of this. Last season was a good one for my skiing and I like that. Can't imagine how this season will go. I plan to ski!

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
...continuing to send healing vibes.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Well, we left Reno a week ago today and started off doing quite well, taking a lot of our own food, eating smart and getting out for exercise. After we left @BS Slarver 's house we spent way too much time in the car seat for three days and not enough time getting out to walk around.
@Philpug got out for a mt bike ride yesterday with @Justin Koski while I hung out with Jeannie Thoren to work on a display at the museum.
He has lost a few pounds, and I found them.
Not a terrible gain, but I'm hanging out around 139.7.
The problem with these kinds of events is that we're attending receptions and Meet & Greets instead of having regularly scheduled meals and the stuff they serve is tasty but not necessary easy to count(figure out) on the points system.

The good news is, my clothes aren't tighter, so there's that.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
304ABFBA-037B-490C-BE03-F1C719CD0915.jpeg
Well, we left Reno a week ago today and started off doing quite well, taking a lot of our own food, eating smart and getting out for exercise. After we left @BS Slarver 's house we spent way too much time in the car seat for three days and not enough time getting out to walk around.
@Philpug got out for a mt bike ride yesterday with @Justin Koski while I hung out with Jeannie Thoren to work on a display at the museum.
He has lost a few pounds, and I found them.
Not a terrible gain, but I'm hanging out around 139.7.
The problem with these kinds of events is that we're attending receptions and Meet & Greets instead of having regularly scheduled meals and the stuff they serve is tasty but not necessary easy to count(figure out) on the points system.

The extra lbs was motivation for me to hit the gym at the hotel this morning
Not sure about weight going down but my endorphins are up

no edge

Out on the slopes
Skier
@Philpug .

I have found that it is important to get feedback from many angles. How clothing fits tells a lot. Larger more toned muscles are a good thing and yet they increase weight. Fitness in general, however one measures it, if you can feel healthier then that is huge.

I have been struggling with weight and fitness. But today I felt athletic, more nimble and quicker. That alone lifted my spirits. But I know that spirits won't be enough on opening day - about a month to go!

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
But today I felt athletic, more nimble and quicker. That alone lifted my spirits.
Well, if you feel athletic and you have a chance to get a little more active, the endorphins can hale move you forward.
That helped me a ton when we went to the gym here at the hotel.
I was feeling pretty discouraged and feeling bloated, but the work out time kicked my endorphins in and got me motivated.

Another thing that someone here brought up, when you're road tripping, a lot of the food you eat out is high sodium. I'm sure I'm feeling bloated from the water retention.
Its also a bit hard to drink water like I should because we're attending events where its hard to keep water near by until its time to sit down.

The food at this shindig last night consisted of Cudighi, pork roast, pasties, ham steaks, meatballs, three kinds of pasta salad, a vegetable tray, a cheese tray and a dessert table to die for.
I found plenty to eat, but everything was high sodium.This is not how we typically eat at home.

I just need to drink more water.

I did not approach the dessert table ;)

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
As @Tricia said, this part of the trip hasn't been easy for us, in fact it has been pretty challenging with the food that has been put in front of us. I will say that we are holding our oun and fighting the urge to succumb the choices that are well...not WW friendly yet still being polite to our hosting Yoopers. My feeling is is I can get off of the UP with just an extra 3-5lb it will be a significant feat. When we get to the LP, we will have a little more control in what we will be eating plus more time to get out on the bikes too.

no edge

Out on the slopes
Skier
Yeah it's tricky on the road. A while back I went to Snowbird and the like. I stuck with Paleo and worked a plan that allowed me to do that. The salad bar with broad choices in fruits and veggies - that was my friend. I brought my own beef, fish and seafood. Ate like a king and kept it going. Made a huge difference in the trip.

RachelV

I run TheSkiDiva.com and work at OpenSnow.
Ski Diva Tester
Well, I’ve had a little case of the pukes and hardly ate for 2 days and I’m up about 2 lbs since before this episode. So much for the silver lining of losing a few pounds I thought I was in for by having the pukes. ;)

Pat AKA mustski

It’s no Secret! It’s a Ranger!
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Ugh! @RachelV I hope you are at least feeling better now!

I continue to hang tight wavering around the 125 mark. I keep telling myself that it's my body stabilizing at the new weight threshold.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Well, I’ve had a little case of the pukes and hardly ate for 2 days and I’m up about 2 lbs since before this episode. So much for the silver lining of losing a few pounds I thought I was in for by having the pukes. ;)

I hates the pukes: so much easier to cramp afterwards

Sponsor

Staff online