• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Wear Oh Wear

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
20190529_205112-01.jpeg
20190529_205243-02.jpeg

TS
Tony S

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The best grips are definitely wear parts!

I like Wolftooth Fat Paws, and they resemble that remark.

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The best grips are definitely wear parts!

I like Wolftooth Fat Paws, and they resemble that remark.

Thanks for this recommendation. I've been debating about new grips on my mountain bike. Last weekend in Sisters I had a lot of numbness but that was a rental bike so not sure I'll have that on my bike. I might pick up a pair of these after this weekend's race. Have you tried any others and if so, is there something special about the Fat Paws?

EricG

Lost somewhere!
Skier
Thanks for this recommendation. I've been debating about new grips on my mountain bike. Last weekend in Sisters I had a lot of numbness but that was a rental bike so not sure I'll have that on my bike. I might pick up a pair of these after this weekend's race. Have you tried any others and if so, is there something special about the Fat Paws?

If you want to try a set of a Ergon grips I’ll send you out a set. I have a few sets I used on Demo bikes with 2-3 rides on them.

Ergon GP1
http://www.ergon-bike.com/en/product.html?a=griffe#gpmtb-series

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

I've got a seriously messed up hand, so I've tried a lot of grips.

Lock-ons are convenient, but give up half their absorbent thickness for the plastic sleeve inherent in their design.

Ergons are OK but the rubber is a bit on the hard side. I loved the feel, and they were great for 2 hour rides, but not any longer.

The Fat Paws are probably like other silicone grips (ESI, etc.) just a larger diameter. They won my "2016 Grip Shootout".

EricG

Lost somewhere!
Skier
Oh, gosh, that's a hard offer to pass up. I'd be happy to pay you for them or at least for the shipping.

Are you still at the same mailing address I used in March?

No need to pay for them, all I ask if if you don’t like them (grips are a personal preference thing) offer them up to another member here to try.

Last edited:

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Are you still at the same mailing address I used in March?

No need to pay for them, all I ask if if you don’t like them (grips are a personal preference thing) offer them up to another member here to try.

Deal. And I'll send something toward Pugski as well. Yep, same address.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled

Are you using padded gloves or unpadded gloves? Padded gloves have a bad habit of pressing nerves down and making hands go numb.

Sponsor

Staff online