• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

We need a modern-day Spider Sabich

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
There is currently an "embarrassing" lack of male-skier role models for young male skiers. Young male skiers need male-skier role models to maintain and increase their interest in skiing.

Skiers older than I am tell me that they grew up idolizing Stein Eriksen and Jean-Claude Killy. My idol in the early 1970s was Spider Sabich. In the late 1970s my idols were John Clendenin and "King Jack" (Jack Taylor). These skiers were all over the media. Male-skier role models = world-class male skiers + media coverage of these skiers.

All I see on Pugski.com are posts about Lindsey Vonn and Mikaela Shiffrin. Have you guys heard of Bode Miller? Rumor has it that you are going to change your name to Vonn/Shiffrin.com and make your official song I Am Woman.

SecretAgentMan's message to the ski industry: We need a modern-day Spider Sabich. My message to Pugski.com: We need more posts about male ski racers and male freestylers. Sons. Sons. Sons.

The Kaiser's birthday was 2 days ago. Did Pugski.com wish him a happy birthday? Hmmmm.

Happy Birthday Franz from SecretAgentMan.

spider_sabich.jpg

Trig, is this you posting?

I only know one guy who was a Spider Sabich protege/fan boy.

It's got to be you.

James

Out There
Instructor
It must be a slalom racer because slalom skiing epitomizes skiing
And yet the movie they made to epitomize skiing was....Downhill Racer.

Sports needs personality. Bryce Harper is trying to add some fun back into baseball but keeps getting met with "Thats not the way the game in played"...well maybe it should be. I have a problem with the whole "respect" being demand in some sports, IMHO, respect is earned, at least that what my parents taught me and as @Started at 53 said parents should be the role models, not athletes but I do they can be influncers and encourage the growth of the craft and sport.
Baseball pitchers are whiners and lame. "Oh, you're trying to show me up!" Insulted by a bat flip. Pathetic.

Sponsor

Staff online