• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

We love Land Cruisers and we love snowmobiles so...

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
15209751950e9239206835152097515389d1427accScreen-Shot-2018-03-13-at-2.05.24-PM-620x486-1.png

(From BaT)
This 1996 Toyota Land Cruiser is a high-mileage (270k) driver that’s been fitted with a few upgrades, the most interesting of which are all-terrain tracks that can be removed or installed in under an hour according to the seller. Other upgrades include a two-inch Old Man Emu lift, front and rear tubular bumpers and remote starting for cold weather, along with a winch that’s installed but not wired. Find it here on Craigslist in Lake Stevens, Washington for $17,500.

Tag: @Muleski @nay @SBrown

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
Man those "all terrain tracks" would have been a lot of help/fun a couple of ski house driveways ago!
Love us our LC's. Always have, always will. Rumor has it that another might be joining the extended family.
This one's barely broken in.

Gotta love BaT.

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
I actually saw that posted I think on FB.

Another option is the arctic cruisers.

8DB8D917-B3AD-418B-9AB6-6E5322CE88D3.png

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Lake Stevens?! That’s like 30 minutes away from my house. And frankly, no where near any snow, other than maybe a week or two a year, we’re close to sea level.

@SBrown if you want to PayPal me $17k I can pick it up for you. I’m sure I’d have fun driving it to your place.

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Lake Stevens?! That’s like 30 minutes away from my house. And frankly, no where near any snow, other than maybe a week or two a year, we’re close to sea level.

@SBrown if you want to PayPal me $17k I can pick it up for you. I’m sure I’d have fun driving it to your place.

I already have an old Cruiser, just need tracks. But thanks ogsmile

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Those tracks are much faster than a cat. The awesome snowcat operation out of Purgatory uses them on vans to get skiers up to where the snowcats operate. It seems like they are probably moving 20-30mph on snow-covered fire roads. They can't climb up the steeper fire roads used to lap the ski terrain, though. So for skiing, I think they would be of limited use.

Here's a blog post Google found showing them in use at the Purgatory cat operation:
http://www.bikecharlotte.com/2012/02/snow-cat-skiing-above-purgatory-feb.html

Last edited:
Reactions: nay

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
They had a pickup truck mounted with tracks at Silver Star, B.C. when I was there earlier this year. The driver said that the tracks really weren't very good in deep snow but were fine on firm compacted snow.

Sponsor

Staff online