• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

We like each other a lot!

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
Most Likes HERE. Unfortunately, it doesn't show the full story. there are many that are 1:1, quite a few that are 2:1 Likes to Posts, then here are some unrealy ratios like @AC_ when he signed on here when Epic was shutting down with 53 Likes with only 4 posts.
That page not working, but I see post was from 2017.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
I also think the get togethers help, when you have a face to face meeting we tend to watch what the people that we have a more personal connection. I don't know if other on line communities have get togethers so that may explain why we have more likes. I know it is true for me the members that I have met at the preseason get together and those I have been lucky enough to ski with do get more likes when I read their posts.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Another thing about this community is the talent we have at our disposal just for the asking. We have a collection of Subject Matter Experts ( SME's ) that share their knowledge freely. Just to name a few, if it is a mounting question most will LIKE what Doug has to say, or for information about older equipment most will LIKE what Bill has to offer. If a member wants to learn about industry history they will LIKE what Seth has to write, to learn about the latest gear Phil and Tricia go to the ski rollout shows so they get the LIKES. As for rehab info you should LIKE what Brian has to say, don't forget all the instructors we have and the endless discussion on technique that gets a lot of LIKES. This is just a few of the SME's we have and you could name dozens more industry professionals. That is just another reason we have so many LIKES.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
In our travels to other forums we have noticed that many use the multi option "like" feature.
We knew it was an option here but didn't activate it, until now.

If you hover over the like button you'll now see these options.

Screen Shot 2021-11-10 at 10.25.56 AM.png

@Pat AKA mustski I know this will make you happy

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Can we see a like to post ratio timeline?

Nobody

Out of my mind, back in five.
Skier
Maybe the Hate button just needs to be more visible?? :huh::roflmao:
I make enough confusion between the "like" and the "report" buttons already as it is...oftentimes I "report" when I really meant to "like" a post. Most of the time I realize the mistake on time to remove the "report" and hit the "like" but it is possible that one pr two have slipped through. For this I do apolize to the admins who might have had to check on the report and surely ahve though "WTF is this guy reporting this post for??" And to the poster as well.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

James

Out There
Instructor
In our travels to other forums we have noticed that many use the multi option "like" feature.
We knew it was an option here but didn't activate it, until now.

If you hover over the like button you'll now see these options.

View attachment 148095

@Pat AKA mustski I know this will make you happy
Likely will just cause people to either get envious or annoyed or whatever. Like, “ I just got a thumbs up?” Periods in texts are often now interpreted as annoyance, etc. Thus the rampant use of exclamation points.

The feature on epic software where you could write something was pretty good.

Sponsor

Staff online