• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Wax layering

Dillon

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
quick newbie question.

I finished tuning and waxed them with zoom base + old snow/race as I didn’t expect new new this weekend but now we’re getting 6”.

So can I just throw the zoom graphite all purpose on top or do I need to do the whole hot scrape again and then throw it on?

Thx

hbear

Out on the slopes
Skier
I don’t know much about Zoom, but generally no problem throwing a layer of the new stuff on top.

Unless there is some sort of big flouro difference but even so assume you aren’t racing so again back to should be no problem.

TS
D

Dillon

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Thanks. Figured but wanted to verify

Jacques

Workin' It on Skis Best I Can
Skier
quick newbie question.

I finished tuning and waxed them with zoom base + old snow/race as I didn’t expect new new this weekend but now we’re getting 6”.

So can I just throw the zoom graphite all purpose on top or do I need to do the whole hot scrape again and then throw it on?

Thx

Either just brush the crap out of them and apply any other wax you like. Or better use Swix Glide Wax Cleaner and wax again.
Either way, it takes a few waxing with another grade to get a real change. Everything mixes together.
Base Renew? You don't need that every time you wax.
Graphite Zoom is awesome for fresh snow. If super cold mix with Bullet.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January