• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Washington Nationals

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Kendrick just hit left foul poll off reliever Harris flipping the game 3-2 in the 7th just after their manager decided to take Greinke out after giving up a home run and a walk. Modern day baseball strategy of taking out starters backfires again. Like the era of Drysdale and Gibson when pitchers went the distance.
Hard to argue with you in Monday Morning Managing. Greinke was going so strong...I am glad that neither on these are "my team" but it should be an interesting end.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
When the wheels come off...boy do they come off.

SSSdave

life is short precious ...don't waste it
Skier
Now in top of 9th, 6 to 2 so Nationals are highly likely to win their first ever modern era World Series...congratulations Washington! Entertaining, I watched most parts of 4 games.

Played endless softball and hardball as a Sacramento kid when baseball fields were everywhere, fly-ups or work-ups at recesses. Amazing series fact is that all games were won in front of opponent crowds.

TS
Jim Kenney

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Man, baseball is my favorite spectator sport since I rooted for the Senators as a kid back in the 60s. It's so cool to have a WS championship in DC!!!
:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Amazing series fact is that all games were won in front of opponent crowds.

As time goes by and the details of this WS are lost to the general public, it will always be known for that unprecedented fact.

Yea baby! That’s all I got to say...

The players did it, but GM Rizzo is the man that put it together and is the common thread over the last half dozen years of good baseball in DC.

Living Proof

We All Have The Truth
Skier
Our great ski bud @JohnL must be smiling from ear to ear, or, more hungover than he has ever been!

Nats win is a great "feel good" story! Will the euphoria end on Sunday when fans have to watch the Redskins? (ducking)

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Great series. Both teams deserved to be there and either one winning would be cool to me. Preferred Nats because National League and Stros had alredy won it recently. Happy for all DC friends and Stros fans can be proud of their team effort all around as well.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Wow, Straburg to opt out of contract to become a free agent. Wow..Will he join Bryce up 95?

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Wow, Straburg to opt out of contract to become a free agent. Wow..Will he join Bryce up 95?

I guessing he goes back to Washington or more likely to the west coast (Dodgers or Angels) where he’s from.

TS
Jim Kenney

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Nats win is a great "feel good" story! Will the euphoria end on Sunday when fans have to watch the Redskins? (ducking)

This sign made its appearance at the championship parade celebration held for the Nats in DC last Saturday:
IMG_8343-e1572913006811-1024x573.jpg

Perfectly captures the sentiments around town.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
^^^
That sign unfairly lets the Wizards off the hook!!! And should have DC United included with a title trophy (assuming their last win was recent enough to count - it was more recent than the Redskins at least.)

TS
Jim Kenney

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Uh oh. :huh: That free agent thing works both ways: Former Washington Nationals star Anthony Rendon signs a seven-year, $245 million contract with the Los Angeles Angels. The big winner in this is might be super-agent Scott Boras.

Boras scorecard over last ten days:

Cole: $324M.
Rendon: $245M.
Strasburg: $245M.
Moustakas: $64M.

Total: $878M.

Still to come: Ryu, Castellanos, Keuchel.

James

Out There
Instructor
Will Rendon have a crappy few years in LA like Pujols?

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Will Rendon have a crappy few years in LA like Pujols?
I'm going to guess no. Pujols was a couple of years older when he went to LA. And Pujols still had really good years at first for LA... maybe just not quite too the standard he set in St louis.

James

Out There
Instructor
I'm going to guess no. Pujols was a couple of years older when he went to LA. And Pujols still had really good years at first for LA... maybe just not quite too the standard he set in St louis.
He was horrible in LA. (Ha, not that bad) Never should have left St Louis where he was king.
Robbie Canoe made the same mistake leaving the Yankees and his culture in Nyc. Never the same.

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Pujols got a rough start with the Angels but got it turned around. That said, it would’ve been tough for him to replicate his last few years in St. Louis. Either way, he’s a 1st ballot HOFer.

Sponsor

Staff online