• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

WARMEST Women's Ski Mittens

TS
MattD

MattD

aka Hobbes429
Skier
I had BD mitts and wore them out. Now have Swany. bought them because they looked like the same high-loft mitt. But they are NOT nearly as warm. I now use handwarmers most days.

FYI I noticed on BD website that they say the Mercury mitts are for -20 to 40 degree temps while their Absolute mittens go all the way down to -40. (that's where the C and F come together and is very Cooold.)

Thanks for the info on the Absolute mittens ... they look like dexterity might be an issue wearing them.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
which is super helpful since my Reynauds usually causes sweaty palms and icy fingers
Did not know you had Reynauds. I did a boot fit on a woman who is a high level skier with Reynauds. Its an interesting dynamic to get a performance fit while being extra cautious about circulation. Obviously circulation is always a concern, but when you're fitting someone with Reynauds or Diabetes that concern is amplified.
A friend I ski with who has Type 1 ended up having me put BT bootheaters in her boots so she can control on her phone.

*Sorry for the mitten hijack.

Harington

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Pass Pulled
I also have the Mercury Mitts and that are very warm So, I can easily feel comfort for 20ºF

gabrik

Putting on skis
Skier
What do you think about glove "Extremities Meridian Mitt"? Maybe someone uses it?

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
I'm in love with my Free the Powder mitts. I added some silk liners this year just to be able to pull them on and off easier. Last season we had 3 super frigid periods and I went looking for better mittens after the first one. These are the result and I liked them so much I bought my daughter a pair this Christmas.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm in love with my Free the Powder mitts. I added some silk liners this year just to be able to pull them on and off easier. Last season we had 3 super frigid periods and I went looking for better mittens after the first one. These are the result and I liked them so much I bought my daughter a pair this Christmas.
Warmest mittens I've ever owned, too. And I've had a lot!

Peppermint

Trying to Improve
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I also have Free the Powder mittens and they are the warmest I have ever owned.

Rudi Riet

AKA songfta AKA randomduck - a USSS coach, as well
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I'll put in a plug for Kinko Axeman mittens. They're affordable and quite warm. They also make them in a decent run of sizes (all unisex).

Sponsor

Staff online