• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

W SL Åre 2019

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Just started. MS not 100% well according to reports. Don’t know the details ...

TS
Swede

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Need to really go, go, go in this course. Not super technical aside from perhaps a flush in traverse so no holding back. Surface seem good, after 15 racers still solid.

TS
Swede

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Course getting bumpy and rutted now bib 27-28. Spring conditions which is not normal in Scandinavia in February. Light snow has been coming and going mixed with sleet towards the bottom. The flush mentioned caused problems for a few. Course turnier in beginning then what I thought it looked like. Long sweeping turns in the end.
MS did good, but she’s not 100%. Rushed through mixed—pale. Vlova starts to feel the fatigue after a long championship.

Last edited:

James

Out There
Instructor
The weather in Are sounds like Vermont. Brutal cold then warm, then cold for snow, justbwhen it snows it warms and and rains.

TS
Swede

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
The weather in Are sounds like Vermont. Brutal cold then warm, then cold for snow, justbwhen it snows it warms and and rains.

NE girls should feel right at home. Not normal with the warm weather and rain in February. I’d say real winter conditions usually through out March (would be my pick for an event in Åre) and then spring skiing in April.

TS
Swede

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
2:nd a little turnier, but similar. Should favor Shifrin (but she’s def not 100% today) and Vlova. ASL as well as Frida dark horses. Holdener has been on a good path ...

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
1st run: loved Anna’s dance through the flush! :cool:

Another Powder day here. I’ll watch the rest later.

TS
Swede

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
”Won’t get anything for free (from the skis), got to work the skis in these conditions all the time.” Maria PH

Primoz

Skiing the powder
Skier
Congrats @Swede for first medal :) I just came home after 6h on touring skis (at 2000+m above sea level and at +10c on sunny sides... so let's not talk about winter weather) and caught top 10 in 2nd run... Frida would be super dangerous for victory without her 100 and one mistakes as she was skiing better then Shiffrin, at least I would say. But Shiffrin made it down without any bigger mistake except that little glitch after last break. And honestly, with her results till now she deserves gold anyway so all fair and square.

Primoz

Skiing the powder
Skier
@James on WCH top 60 from first run start 2nd run. Top 30 like always in WC in reverse order, then little break for TV and photo "medal" ceremony, and then last 30, with 31. starting as first after that break and 60th as last. If there's not 60 finished first run then as much as there are :)

sjjohnston

Putting on skis
Skier
Shiffrin's skiing in the second run didn't look particularly dramatic, but she took over a second from Vlahova in the top part of the course. She gave a lot of it back at the bottom, but that was likely due to illness (particularly since she killed the end in the first run). This is pretty stunning, considering Vlahova had to be going all out in the second run.

Brad J

Out on the slopes
Skier
So how many world cup wins for MS, loosing count , Do the Championship wins count as WC wins???

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Apparently MS doesn’t need to be feeling particularly well to win.

Impressive.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Just watching the men’s GS on the NBCSN tv coverage from this morning. A pretty emotional post race interview after yesterday’s SL win From Shiffrin.
1st to win 4 World Championships in the same event.

Sponsor

Staff online