• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

W.O.W (Wasatch on Wednesdays) 2020

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I will be skiing at Snowbird a lot over the next few months and thought I'd use this thread to facilitate a regular weekly meet-up on Wednesdays.

Note, this is a little different meet-up idea than the other thread I just started called SLC skier meet-up 2020 . That thread is for assisting meet-ups with visitors to the area at various days of the week and at various SLC ski areas throughout the rest of the season.

Since I will be committing to participate in this regular Wednesday meet-up thing and my main mountain is Snowbird, I suggest we try to kick things off on Wednesday, Feb 19 at Snowbird. I will be at the Gathering in Jackson on Wed, Feb 26 and will defer to any other participants for a meet-up ski mtn in the SLC area on that date. Perhaps starting on Wed Mar 4 we can go back to Snowbird or pick another IKON mtn? I have four unused days at IKON mtns at this time on my Snowbird pass. I also have an Epic Pass for Park City if there is interest in that one Wednesday.

For Wednesday, Feb 19 I can be at Snowbird at 9 AM for a meet up then or later in the day depending on availability of interested parties. If we need to exchange cell phone # by PM I can do that. This definitely does not have to be an all-day thing. It's all voluntary and folks can back out early if there is a compatibility issue. I may generally be ok for an eight hour ski day, but I am expecting many folks will only be available or interested in partial ski days. I am old and slow, but have explored almost all inbounds terrain at Snowbird and Park City. I enjoy meeting and skiing with Pugskiers of all skiing/snowboarding abilities.

Post here if you want to try to meet at Snowbird on Wed, Feb 19. Obviously, everything is tentative based on availability, weather, and road conditions.

Wed Feb 19, Snowbird:
@Jim Kenney

jmills115

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I’ll be there on the 19th. My weekday turns usually start a bit later in the day but will try to be up by 11

bbinder

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I will try to make it depending on all of the obvious variables

Vcize

Getting on the lift
Skier
I posted this in the Utah thread but wanted to catch anyone here that might be interested as well.

I have an in-bounds guided tour (also includes a free cat ride if the cat is running) booked at Powder Mountain on Monday that the rest of my group ended up having to back out of, so right now it's just me with 4 slots booked. If any pugskiers want to jump in on it let me know. No cost for the tour you'd just need to buy a lift ticket (which are close to selling out).

Let me know if anyone here is interested.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I will be in LCC/BCC during the JH gathering week (Wed 2/26), with a bunch of Maine coon cats. I've already reached out via PM to a couple of Pugs who will be around, but this thread (thanks, @Jim Kenney) makes me wonder if Wednesday could be a focal point for connecting with Pugs who might be interested in getting together. The advantage for me would be that if folks were gathering anyway, a not-unlikely last-minute cat herding challenge that kept me away wouldn't leave anyone feeling stood-up.

Would not have to be at Snowbird, as far as I'm concerned, but does have to be Ikon.

In any case, consider posting here on an FYI basis if you're planning to ski Wednesday 2/26, even though I know Jim and the Binders are away. Thanks.

TS
Jim Kenney

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
For Wednesday 2/19/20 at Snowbird for those shooting for 9 AM, let's meet inside the lower part of Creekside lodge (Snowbird entry #1). There should be parking available at the nearby Gad lots at that time. I will send a PM to all those on the roll call with my cell number. If you get held up or are planning a later arrival just send me a text and we can arrange a rendezvous on the mtn. Might hit Mineral Basin early if it's a cold and sunny morning. Forecast is for clear day, starting in single digits with high temps in mid-20s.
I'll be wearing my old lime green jacket.
Let me know if questions or suggestions.
Thanks, Jim

FYI: this photo is L-R: @jmills115 , Brandt, and me.
1582044358797.png

jmills115

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
With our regular guide @Jim Kenney in JH this week how does an Altabird WOW sound for this week 2/26/2020. I know @Tony S and @cosmoliu are in town if anyone else wants to join in. I won’t be able to make it up until around noon but will pack a cooler full of good beer for the afternoon. I skied today for the first time since Wednesday and my ankle held up somewhat.

1-jmills (Justin)
2-Brandt

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
With our regular guide @Jim Kenney in JH this week how does an Altabird WOW sound for this week 2/26/2020. I know @Tony S and @cosmoliu are in town if anyone else wants to join in. I won’t be able to make it up until around noon but will pack a cooler full of good beer for the afternoon. I skied today for the first time since Wednesday and my ankle held up somewhat.

1-jmills (Justin)
2-Brandt

I can't commit firmly because of a variety of boring factors, but the more concrete the plan the better the chance of my being able to join. Specific time, specific place. Feel free to PM or post, as you see fit.

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm flying into SLC on Wednesday morning. Was thinking of going to Solitude because I have an Ikon pass and only have one Altabird day left :( . Kinda want to use it when I have a full day. I may also go to Deer Valley, but then I might need a car :huh:

cosmoliu

Making fresh tracks
Skier

1-jmills (Justin)
2-Brandt
3- cosmoliu

MarkP

Saturday, and Saturday, and Saturday...
Skier

1-jmills (Justin)
2-Brandt
3- cosmoliu
4-MarkP (assuming knee holds up Tuesday... took the past 3 days off to rest after straining it on Friday)

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
1-jmills (Justin)
2-Brandt
3- cosmoliu
4-MarkP (assuming knee holds up Tuesday... took the past 3 days off to rest after straining it on Friday)

When you guys have a specific plan, let me know when and where. If there is a lunch meet up for jmills, let me know that, too. (My group may take tomorrow off, and maybe I can join you.)

cosmoliu

Making fresh tracks
Skier
When you guys have a specific plan, let me know when and where. If there is a lunch meet up for jmills, let me know that, too. (My group may take tomorrow off, and maybe I can join you.)

As I'm staying at the GMD, a first bell meet up at Collins would be good. If the meet up is at the 'Bird, something like 10 would work for me. My preference for a lunch meeting place would be The Summit restaurant at the top of the tram.

Sponsor

Staff online