• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

W ”DH” ÅRE 2019

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Too much wind. Start moved down to below SG. Will be a sprint (60% of full course). Will benefit Lindsey, no doubt, one big jump is on the top section as well as as some challenging turns. Will be down to hundreds. Weather def. did nor cooperate with the speed diciplines and not one single race has been done from the top.

Last edited:
TS
Swede

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Light changes made course more challenging past bib 15ish.

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
one minute times, that is a sprint for sure.

TS
Swede

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
one minute times, that is a sprint for sure.

Normally 1:40ish. Someones knees were happy for that... Surpisingly big differentials, but it got much more difficult as the light became flatter. But great day anyways and Ilka just killed it.

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
upload_2019-2-10_7-47-11.png

TS
Swede

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Ingemar, speechless. As usual. Lindsey called him ”a man of few words” and broght down the roof :roflmao:
Stars alligned for Vonn today. That was a great ending to an even greater career. Swedes felt honored to have her finish here. Very nice touch indeed with the colors.

Primoz

Skiing the powder
Skier
While I'm really happy for Ilka to get gold, and while I admit I honestly didn't really like all this "drama queen" stuff from Lindsey in last few years, I'm really happy she got medal in her good bye race, if that was really good bye race, as I'm not sure it was ;) Both, she and Aksel deserve to be on podium on their farewell races, especially after careers they both had. So for me personally, both yesterday's and especially today's podium couldn't be any better :)

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
I agree with @Primoz, ^^^^^, 100%. About it all.

I don't really care about the sun, the easy surface, the shortened course. Makes no difference. It's a great way for these two champions to end their careers. Good for them.good for the sport.

And I, too, am very happy for Ilka, and for her tech/Mom. I'm a big fan.

Great stuff.

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
From beginning of this season, her mom is more of team leader and not tech anymore. She still does help, but guy responsible for skis is Ales Sopotnik... but you know who he is, considering he spent half of his lifetime with US team :)

I did not know that. But glad to hear that. I do know Ales. Tech’d for the USST speed women for a lotta years. Good for Darja to get “promoted” on the team, HaHa!

NZRob

Skiing the Rock
Skier
I agree with @Primoz, ^^^^^, 100%. About it all.

I don't really care about the sun, the easy surface, the shortened course. Makes no difference. It's a great way for these two champions to end their careers. Good for them.good for the sport.

Great stuff.

Completely agree. Any athlete who has been around for that long, let alone achieving so much, deserves the best of endings. The amount of commitment, motivation, sacrifice, drive and determination to stay that good, for that long, deserves all the praise, thanks and adulation.

D Lamour

Booting up
Pass Pulled
It’s perfect that both retirees got podiums but didn’t win, symbolic that they gave it their all but were definitely “done”.

Stenmark at 62 is still in amazing shape.

James

Out There
Instructor
Nice to see Stuhec get the win. Suter really put the hammer down in the last third making up a lot of time. A great race by Lindsey considering she practically qualifies as disabled. That crash at Copper in the fall has turned out to be as bad as it looked.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January