• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Vonn's Transition from Skiing

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I believe her movie premier is coming up in LA.
I'd watch that.

From the article:
But skiing at this elite level took its toll — Vonn, a millennial herself, struggled with painful injuries, especially in the later years of her career, and depression. HBO is releasing a documentary about her final World Championship later this month.

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Doesn't surprise me. From everything I've seen or heard from people who had dealings with the real Lindsey rather than the shiny podium PR version of Lindsey it's consistent.

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Doesn't surprise me. From everything I've seen or heard from people who had dealings with the real Lindsey rather than the shiny podium PR version of Lindsey it's consistent.

Having that much pressure on oneself, along with a succession of injuries that threaten one’s career and therefore one’s identity, would be a mental health challenge for anybody. Many high level athletes deal with depression and the intense training they do is a way to combat it.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I have a therapy client; she was an NCAA ranked athlete in a different sport, graduated from college a few years ago and works as an athletic trainer, and found out she may have MS. Lots of challenges with identity issues, on top of not competing any longer having to deal with the possibility of impaired mobility and uncertain future.

TS
Mike King

Mike King

AKA Habacomike
Instructor
I have a therapy client; she was an NCAA ranked athlete in a different sport, graduated from college a few years ago and works as an athletic trainer, and found out she may have MS. Lots of challenges with identity issues, on top of not competing any longer having to deal with the possibility of impaired mobility and uncertain future.
That is tough. I was never in that position, but can empathize.

Sponsor

Staff online