• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

QueueCT

Getting off the lift
Skier
LV was taken off the SG course by sled today and, I am told, helicoptered off the mountain. I don't have any more details. My daughters got an autograph not 30 minutes before.

Hope it's nothing too serious and the curse of Copper doesn't prevent a start at Lake Louise.

Has anyone heard anything yet?

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Oh no!
:(
I'll keep my eyes out for any information that may come about.

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
LV was taken off the SG course by sled today and, I am told, helicoptered off the mountain
Oh no! Did you hear if they landed the helicopter on the mountain or down at the helipad next to the rec center and check-in? It's got to be bad to bring in the helicopter at all. I've never seen them land it on the mountain other than for an exercise.

Steve

SkiMangoJazz
Pass Pulled
She posted something on FB about something else, no mention of an injury.

edit: I guess it could have been a scheduled post by one of her staff.

Average Joe

Out on the slopes
Skier
There are race camps here with 100's of kids so the rumor mill can churn pretty quick. Not sure if a helicopter was called.

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
There are race camps here with 100's of kids so the rumor mill can churn pretty quick. Not sure if a helicopter was called.

I heard that there was indeed a helicopter at Copper, but of course can't say that's what it was for.

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Maybe the helicopter was there for lift construction and the kids spun it into LV being flown out?

Nothing on the Denver news. It was the top story on the evening news when she crashed at Copper in 2016.

TS
QueueCT

QueueCT

Getting off the lift
Skier
The heli was odd ... haven't seen any additional news. Word came from some camp coaches, apologies if it was a false alarm.

BGreen

Out on the slopes
Skier
My daughter was training there today. She said the helicopter was a "big twin rotor one like they use in Afghanistan". I doubt that LV was medevaced in a CH-47.

There were two of them. Maybe one to watch the six of the first one just in case. Those things always look like they are going to fall out of the sky.

UGASkiDawg

AKA David
SkiTalk Tester
Oh no! Did you hear if they landed the helicopter on the mountain or down at the helipad next to the rec center and check-in? It's got to be bad to bring in the helicopter at all. I've never seen them land it on the mountain other than for an exercise.
There is no heli pad next to rec center anymore that's now an automated pay parking lot

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I wonder where they are going to land Flight for Life now. Hopefully, they found a spot closer to the St. Anthony's clinic.

Two CH-47's for an LV knee injury. It's all starting to make sense. :)

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Her Instagram stories have been pretty quite lately. She doesn't post much when training.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
COPPER MOUNTAIN (USA) - A bad blow for the US alpine ski champion Lindsey Vonn. According to "Eurosport" the 34-year-old was in fact injured today - Tuesday 20 November - during a Super-G training session.

Also according to the same source, Vonn should therefore skip the first seasonal speed races scheduled from November 30th to December 2nd in Canada, at Lake Louise.

The nature of the problem has not been made known, but his manager has specified that this is not a serious injury. His season should therefore not be in danger.

UGASkiDawg

AKA David
SkiTalk Tester
COPPER MOUNTAIN (USA) - A bad blow for the US alpine ski champion Lindsey Vonn. According to "Eurosport" the 34-year-old was in fact injured today - Tuesday 20 November - during a Super-G training session.

Also according to the same source, Vonn should therefore skip the first seasonal speed races scheduled from November 30th to December 2nd in Canada, at Lake Louise.

The nature of the problem has not been made known, but his manager has specified that this is not a serious injury. His season should therefore not be in danger.

Do they not have eyes...she ain't no HE

robertc3

Out on the slopes
Skier
LV's instagram confirmed the knee injury. She says minor, no surgery and will race again this season. This seems a bad blow to her shot at 86 wins.

Sponsor

Staff online