• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

VIST Revolution skis, anyone any thoughts?

flbufl

Getting on the lift
Skier
Hi everyone, this is my first post here.

I am a fan of VIST and Blossom skis, and interested in getting a pair of more versatile skis. Actually, Blossom Whiteout is one of my candidate.

But I found the VIST Revolution skis very interesting. VIST put it in the All Mountain category, and claimed it has a freeride rocker tip, a pure slalom type center, and a super G profiled tail. And indeed the sidecut is 132-66-96, which is very unique. I cannot think of any other skis have similar sidecut.

I have no worries about its hardsnow performance, because it is VIST skis. What I am uncertain about is the performance on soft snow, especially crud and chop, and mild bumps. I have also done google search, but cannot find any reviews of the skis.

So anyone has any experience on these kinds of skis, or any reasonable guesses?

Here is the link of the skis on the VIST website. But they did not put the sidecut numbers on...
http://www.vist.it/shop/en/all-mountain-skis-revolution/

This website has more specs info of the skis:
http://www.skipass.com/guide-matos/vist/revolution-3.html

Thanks.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Reminds me of the fat shovel Head SuperShapes of the mid 00s. If that's the shape they will be happy on edge but pretty squirrely straghtlining and coasting.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Hi everyone, this is my first post here.

I am a fan of VIST and Blossom skis, and interested in getting a pair of more versatile skis. Actually, Blossom Whiteout is one of my candidate.

But I found the VIST Revolution skis very interesting. VIST put it in the All Mountain category, and claimed it has a freeride rocker tip, a pure slalom type center, and a super G profiled tail. And indeed the sidecut is 132-66-96, which is very unique. I cannot think of any other skis have similar sidecut.

I have no worries about its hardsnow performance, because it is VIST skis. What I am uncertain about is the performance on soft snow, especially crud and chop, and mild bumps. I have also done google search, but cannot find any reviews of the skis.

So anyone has any experience on these kinds of skis, or any reasonable guesses?

Here is the link of the skis on the VIST website. But they did not put the sidecut numbers on...
http://www.vist.it/shop/en/all-mountain-skis-revolution/

This website has more specs info of the skis:
http://www.skipass.com/guide-matos/vist/revolution-3.html

Thanks.

Wow, 36mm of taper? That's a lot..a real lot. this even more than the Salomon BBR, Stockli Y and Dynastar Cham skis. The more you ask a ski to do, the less likely it is to accomplish it.

James

Out There
Instructor
It's 66mm underfoot with a boat load of side cut and taper. Certainly not the greatest soft snow body dimensions. I suppose it's good for turning around a tree in pow where the tails are sunk and the tips way up. Like moving a mattress in a stairwell corner vertically.
Best to look at something else. Vist in
snothing but a pain to deal with in the US anyway. Are they still even selling in the US?
The Blossom Whiteout was raved about last year but they don't seem to want to sell any in the US.

Last edited:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Makes a great J turn.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
snothing but a pain to deal with in the US anyway. Are they still even selling in the US?.

Is OP in the US? Something tells me "No."

Depending on how they shaped the rocker, the taper may be a lot less noticeable than the nominal tip width would have us believe.

Good thing Vist sells these with Speedlock though - finding the right balance point between that tail and tip doesn't look at all trivial.

Last edited:
TS
flbufl

flbufl

Getting on the lift
Skier
First thank you everyone for your input.

Blossom skis are actually easy to get in US. I got mine from a Canadian distributor in Montreal (it's on Blossom's website). Their US distributor/partner is Ascente Skis, who also makes mogul skis. What I don't like about Blossom skis is their topsheet design. It is too blank.

Vist skis are less easy to get and pricier. My experience with one of the US retailer/distributor is a mixed bag. But they are great skis.

It's 66mm underfoot with a boat load of side cut and taper. Certainly not the greatest soft snow body dimensions. I suppose it's good for turning around a tree in pow where the tails are sunk and the tips way up. Like moving a mattress in a stairwell corner vertically.
snothing but a pain to deal with in the US anyway. Are they still even selling in the US?
The Blossom Whiteout was raved about last year but they don't seem to want to sell any in the US.

James

Out There
Instructor
What I don't like about Blossom skis is their topsheet design. It is too blank.
Well...some stickers?

The very few dealers of Vist in the US I've talked to just got feed up dealing with them. Too hard to get product. Vist got too into the clothing thing I think in Europe.

Sponsor

Staff online