• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

mntntom

Booting up
Skier
Just to be clear....................here's a link to a Youtube ad for CP Helmets.
After doing a little shopping around in Snowmass Village for what was "on sale" (and a little on-line research) I settled on this brand.
Based on the small sample size available in stores at the time this brand seemed the best quality and fit. Replacement lenses appeared to be at least available on-line though very spendy! None of the retailers seemed to carry replacement lenses but could "try" to order them if needed.

mntntom

Booting up
Skier
Again, let me be clear................I'm not trying to sell helmets or goggles here. I don't care what anyone chooses to buy.

As stated previously, this was a game changer for me. It solved a number of personal vision problems for me while skiing. After many years of trying various types of goggles, prescription and otherwise as well as prescription glacier glasses, etc., at no small expense, this worked for me. My only intention here was to share my limited personal experience with this type of product.

BTW, my wife, who is an excellent skier and has perfect vision was so impressed with the convenience and enhanced peripheral vision she bought one as well. She dug a little deeper than I did of coarse to find "just the right color" and her preferred type of lens(s).

Cheers

mntntom

Booting up
Skier
All I care about is do they fog?
The only reason I even looked at them was due to overhearing another skier comment that they didn't fog up.
I won't say they will never fog up, but on the very rare occasions that they start to fog up along the bottom a quick flip about 10% open clears it. I do this with my thumb while holding on to a pole at speed. No problem! Some models have a detent at this partially open position that will hold it there if desired.

TS
eok

eok

Slopefossil
Skier
A bit of a follow-up.

I tried on the Wind Jacket 2.0s. Verdict: not for me. However...

I visited my optometrist recently. They had a good selection of sports oriented eyewear. After trying number of frames, I ended up deciding between two frame designs:

One of the Oakely Turbine variants: https://www.oakley.com/en-us/product/W0OO9263?variant=888392260574

And the Spyoptics General: https://www.spyoptic.com/sunglasses/mens/all-sunglasses/general/673118.html

I chose the Oakley because it had a great fit (a closer wrap-around fit with good side draft protection) and excellent peripheral view. The overall lens size & orientation should give me great coverage & protection.

The Spyoptics General is a significantly bigger frame with great coverage. Almost a google-like feel, the way it covers. But the wrap-around is not as close and the frame impeded peripheral vision ever so slightly.

Overall, the Oakely frame seemed much more substantial - which it should since it's actual sports eyewear.

I chose not to get the prescription Oakley Prizm lens. The lowest Prizm transmissive tint they offer (for the particular frame) is 12% (and it's a grey tint). Instead I chose polarized prescription lenses with a dark amber/brown tint, about 10% transmissive.

Started at 53

Making fresh tracks
Skier
E1D7E04F-AB1E-4C56-8C5D-251FA390CA4F.jpeg
1D61E3FE-6783-49AF-9EFC-F042A7DEF9BE.jpeg

Sponsor