• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
From Seven Springs tribute.

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
About 7 or 8 years ago around the time my son was graduating from St. Vincent College in Latrobe, PA I wrote a short letter to Herman and Sis Dupre. I covered two topics; I thanked them for their multimillion dollar donation to St. Vincent College (Mr. Dupre was an alumni) which went for building the The Sis and Herman Dupré Science Pavilion. It’s the home to The Herbert W. Boyer School of Natural Sciences, Mathematics and Computing and my son got to study there when it was brand new. I also congratulated them for all the good work they and their family did in operating Seven Springs ski area, which is where my son first starting ski instructing in his sophomore year of college.

I’m glad I wrote that letter and expressed my gratitude. I thought it was very cool to have a benefactor at the college of one of my children who was such an important figure for mid-Altantic skiing at Seven Springs, PA and for the entire ski world with his HKD snowmaking equipment business.

History of HKD Snowmakers, might have to copy and paste this into your browser and pick the video "Factory Fridays, Featuring the History of HKD", it's about 4 mins long: https://www.hkdsnowmakers.com/videos/#factory_friday

Last edited:

Sponsor